Digitakt Unofficial Guide

One track is copied when in grid record mode, it is the currently selected track.

Exit grid record mode and the same shortcut will copy all 8 tracks at the same time when copying page.

2 Likes

Can you tell me what key presses to use? It’s not working for me. If I exit record, PAGE+COPY just reactivates record. It doesn’t copy the page.

Thanks.

1 Like

Being an Elektron device though normally means there will be conditional trigs on that page, increasing the page count will require them to be readjusted, if they can.

It’s hilarious - SERIOUS gear-head territory… I LOVE it - LOL!!

So when I sequence from an external device I have the sequencer running on the digitakt. A thing I discovered while doing this was if I had yellow trig’s on all the steps on a track with certain parameter locks, I could hold down a trig and while that is happening the parameter locks will effect the sound during the time I have it held down. And it applies pertrack per sound. If this this doesn’t make sense let me know. It’s been fun momentarily affecting the sound. Also if this has been posted, let me know. It’s a biiiiig thread.

3 Likes

Time Stretch

To stretch the time on the Digitakt, I use the reverse and forward play. It’s a bit tricky and don’t work on every sound, but for long notes or pads it’s work well.

Situation : You have a good sample, nicely tuned to catch this vibes you want. You set the trig but the sound end too early before the next note. You have to make it playing longer.

• First, set the TRIG Lenght to the corresponding lenght you want, and adjust AMP enveloppe to make sure it will play enough time.
  • Then, identify a good point on you sample where the waveforrm is constant with same volume without a peak (basically the middle of a pad or a long lead).
  • Then press play and watch on the SRC waveform page on which trig this point is reached.
  • Press FUNC+ this trig you find to create a yellow trig (trigless trig). On this trigless trig, PLock the sample play mode to REVerse.
  • Add other trigless trig later on the sequencer before the sound reach a peak, and plock it to sample play mode FWD.
  • Adjust theses yellow trig with microtiming to have a nice stretch sound.

You can alternate one and other to make the sound during looooooooong time.

13 Likes

sometimes it seems to me that managers of Elektron specifically hid time-stretch and wait until users find and show the maximum number of workarounds and tricks, in order to promote Digitakt and show all the freedom to work with samples :smile: :smile:

4 Likes

time stretch would be soooo much easier to implement on our own if we had more than 1 lfo and zero cross point selection :smiley:

1 Like

ELEKTRON, OPEN SOURCE IT PLEASE!!!
Digitakt will be immortal like MPC JJOS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m guessing that since they say the processor is pretty much maxed out, it would be hard for anyone to sneak in elastique or something, open source or no open source

1 Like

Well, you can have more than one LFO on the Takt if you use a MIDI Loopback.
What would you assign the LFO‘s to?
The first one would be Sample Start.
Second?

midi loop back is annoying because it takes up the physical midi slots, internal midi loopback i guess would help.
second lfo can be set to play direction, you can use this to simulate what a lot of stretch algorithms do.

1. play forward,
  2. when it reaches the end of a chunk play backwards.
  3. when it reaches the start again then play forwards

This means you have oscillating FWD -> BWD -> FWD by assigning an LFO to play direction, while the lfo rate specifies the chunksize.

Then you could automate the start time with a second lfo to actually play through the sample rather thant just playing th same chunk overand over.

2 Likes

They say the processor is maxed out sure but that doesn’t mean it’s actually maxed out. I’m sure people at elektron know their stuff, but open source means potentially even more opportunities for drawing power out of the processor (and elektron get all that for free).

How do you sequence delay and reverb parameters?

Midi loopback or OB/USB midi.

Sorry, I’ve never actually had a Digitakt, but the suggestion above is a workaround for the lack of a dedicated FX track

When I tried MIDI loopback the THRU port did not provide MIDI output for the synth I am trying to sequence and I’m not sure about the details of the MIDI OUT–>MIDI IN loopback. I assume it has to do with FX track 9. Looked at the settings and couldn’t resolve.

Also wondering if anyone knows how to send a signal from my Digitakt to my electribe to sync program changes; ie A01 on Digitakt triggers pattern 001 on the electribe or something simulat. I can send clock and notes/CCs, but program change…

MIDI loopback requires connecting the MIDI Out (not the MIDI Thru) to the MIDI In port.

You need to connect Digitakt MIDI Out to Electribe MIDI In.

Activate PRG CH SEND in the DT’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > SYNC menu and set a value for PROGRAM CH OUT CHANNEL in the DT’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > CHANNELS menu.

Activate Program Change receive in the Electribe and ensure that the Program Change messages are received on the channel number on which the DT is sending them. Which model of Electribe do you have?

wondering why the TRIG>PROB options are not displaying anything but 0-100% option (no 1:2 etc) as it was a couple days ago.

I figured out PROG, still wondering about loopback to sequence delay and reverb parameters. Tried a MIDI cable linking MIDI IN to MIDI OUT on the digitakt, with another cable from the Digitakt’s THRU port to my electribe2. In this setup the Digitakt would not send to the electribe2 and I am not sure how to sequence Delay/Reverb via Digitakt MIDI OUT to MIDI IN. Thanks for any help.