Digitakt Unofficial Guide

MIDI loopback requires connecting the MIDI Out (not the MIDI Thru) to the MIDI In port.

You need to connect Digitakt MIDI Out to Electribe MIDI In.

Activate PRG CH SEND in the DT’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > SYNC menu and set a value for PROGRAM CH OUT CHANNEL in the DT’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > CHANNELS menu.

Activate Program Change receive in the Electribe and ensure that the Program Change messages are received on the channel number on which the DT is sending them. Which model of Electribe do you have?

wondering why the TRIG>PROB options are not displaying anything but 0-100% option (no 1:2 etc) as it was a couple days ago.

I figured out PROG, still wondering about loopback to sequence delay and reverb parameters. Tried a MIDI cable linking MIDI IN to MIDI OUT on the digitakt, with another cable from the Digitakt’s THRU port to my electribe2. In this setup the Digitakt would not send to the electribe2 and I am not sure how to sequence Delay/Reverb via Digitakt MIDI OUT to MIDI IN. Thanks for any help.

Turn the encoder the other direction? Probabilities values are to the right, ratios and other options are to the left.

Ratios and other options are unavailable except when locking a parameter. They are to the right.

That’s the way they are supposed to be, track probability is % only, trig probability has all types.

Yes

Does this still work?

3 Likes

have you made or seen a video on this?

1 Like

some great tips here, are they all compiled in the guide?

1 Like

I would just sequence it externally, set a track with all yellow trig (function) and parameter lock some stuff with some sounds going through it.

What’s the difference between this and the two regular mute modes available?

Here is a cool Sample-Chopping-Hack that is possible with the new latest OS.
Playing a Trig by pressing the Trig and Yes is an awsome addition to the Elektron Boxes.
In Record Grid Mode, place some Trigs. Play them back (by pressing the Trig and Yes) and lock their start points of your sample to taste. Now you should have a good selection of slices.
Search for slice progressions you like and resample.
Its a diffrent way for playing slices but i promise, you’ll get used to it. This was actually the first thing i did when i updated Digitakt to 1.20.
Hope you’ll have some fun with this one.

3 Likes

How did the case of the GAS end up going?

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for this. I stumbled upon this looking for a delay time table, so thank you so f@cking much for that. Since this is old I don’t know if the other stuff will hold up but I will try and if it does it’ll save some serious time.

If you hold shift and turn the knob, it will be quantized to musical values now. Just in case you didn’t know

1 Like

No I did not! Thank you!
By shift you mean function right?

1 Like

That would be the one :smiley:

1 Like

tyvm!

1 Like

That’s a great one, I’d wish I could hold the YES key and then press trig buttons, not have to release both keys and keep press a tirg then YES key for each trig… Still, it works! :slight_smile:

3 Likes