Digitakt/tone tutor

Hi Elektronauts
I am new to the Elektron world and want to speed up my learning curve with an online hourly tutor here in the UK or international if the time difference works out? I believe it will be the best way to start out as a newbie unless there are other options open that would get things going. I’m not the biggest of fans of endless YouTube watching as I end up in the rabbit hole and get information overload and forget how the hell I got there with more notes than a dictionary :crazy_face:

Looking to pay up to £20 an hour, many thanks :pray:

1 Like

from personal experience I can recommend Dave Mech video course, it’s very good and it’s broken down to small chapters so you can just make a note about a certain chapter and rewatch, I liked it a lot.

4 Likes

@DaveMech

2 Likes

@DaveMech.

2 Likes

Wikid thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Feel free to contact me about the courses if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Thanks for the mentions @Fin25 @Tchu @alechko

5 Likes

I also teach in 1 on 1 sessions but currently have a waiting list as all slots are filled. But I’m sure the courses will really help you learn everything you need to create music with DT & DN.

Can find them here by the way: Shop — Dave Mech

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t want to step on @DaveMech’s toes here But…

I know you’ve said you’re new to Elektron gear but are you a novice when it comes to synthesis in general? What I mean is while Elektron gear does have its idiosyncrasies the general principles of filters, amps, envelope generators etc are still applicable to the Digitone for example. There’s are loads of leaning resources for the principles of FM synthesis that apply to the DN.

The sequencer is obviously unique to the Elektrons but only because it’s a very well featured step sequencer but again, the basics of step sequencing still apply.

File management can be a hurdle, not just for the novice!

I’m not saying don’t embark on one of Dave’s courses but there’s a lot of transferable general synthesis principles that hold true with Elektron gear too.

2 Likes

Hi Blunker, thanks a lot for your advice, that’s an understandable route for sure and an excellent reply.

I’ve been in contact with Dave and he seems like quite a lovely chap and what I’m looking for. So I’ve downloaded Pt1 of his Manage Digitakt and will be getting started next week. Then I can see if I like his style and tutoring, all good and I’ll be back for the rest of the course.

Many thanks,

Bansh

2 Likes