Digitakt standalone App sound issues

Hi
I find using Overbridge in Ableton too much.

My brain just does not accept that the DT is a sequencer, Ableton is a sequencer AND overbridge wants to be involved too.

I find that just working on the DT to make several patterns is my best working environment. I then wanna transfer these patterns into Ableton for further use.

So I tried the DT standalone app.

I’ve setup the DT as the audio interface with a buffer size of 128 in fast mode.

My desktop PC is an 8 core I7 9th gen with 16 GB ram and the DT connects to the PC via Overhub. I would like to think that this is a good enough spec to run the DT in standalone mode???

So I set the DT app up to monitor all tracks Inc MAIN and INPUT so I can hear what I’m recording and I set the app up to record everything too.

In the audio routing settings I do not send tracks 1-8 to main so I can record them all separately along side the send effects which are on the main.

Every time I do this and choose “capture” the DT starts messing up.
The sequence will speed up for a while, sounds will start getting choppy or not playing at all.

If I use the master compressor to start changing sound this can send everything haywire too. I don’t mean the character of the sound, I mean everything starts messing up.

Sometimes notes will switch off (not mute) and only a reboot of the PC and several reboots of the DT will restore order.

Does anyone else have a similar experience of using the DT in the DT standalone App?

Everything seems fine in non Overbridge mode use. I’m guessing this is a USB streaming issue

Tia