Digitakt Song mode for live set

Hey all, newbie here learning the ropes of Digitakt.

A simple question:

I’m developing a live set, with guitar, synth etc. Using Digitakt as my drummer.

Wondering how best to input the songs though.

Would it be best to:

1. Create one project, a.k.a. ‘Live Set’, and insert the songs into the Song Mode of that one project?

2. Or to create a new project for each separate song? I imagine that in a live setting, there would be a bit more toggling between things then, loading new projects etc.

I basically aim to have this as easy to load songs as possible, cos I’m also handling guitar and synth.

Maybe you have other suggestions!

Keen to hear what you think is best from experience.

Go with 1. It makes the whole thing more seemless. Loading new projects in between songs is a real flow killer and it also takes a little time before a project is fully loaded depending on how many samples are being used.

The only down side to using 1 project for a full live set is the limited ram and sample slots but those are things that are pretty manageable. Certainly when DT is just a drum machine within a bigger setup.

Cheers

2 Likes

I’m on that same page there. I’ll use one project as far as it takes me. But mostly I try to stick to one “Song” or Track per Bank and try to give that some kind of structure not to get lost, giving me 16 Patterns to play with for one Song. I don’t use Song mode that much but sure put them in the songmode and you’ll have 8 songs in a Project or if 8 patterns is enough for you 16.