Digitakt Single Cycle Waveform 16 64 for OS 1.50

Ah so we’re doing this in its own thread now, brilliant!

I’ll get my Model D 64 slice chain and 808/606 chains over shortly.

Edit - what I want next is SCW CHORD CHAINS!! Then the DT will act as though it has a slightly simplified M:C/ST Chord Machine.

Edit: well shit, Kimura Taro got to making chord SCWs before me. Instabuy.

10 Likes

I’ve been using the single cycles from Kimura Taro’s wavetable packs for years. He puts together amazing stuff: Kimura Taro

3 Likes

…the neverending magic of a single cycle put on loop…

5 Likes

Let’s say I didn’t find what I was after when Googling ‘hardcore/softcore editor’. Could you expand on this for me please? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

same :rofl:

2 Likes

it’s the set shared by @Ess a while ago
really, i just like the interface but you can use any number of editors

5 Likes

I am used to work with single waveforms on the Digitakt but can anyone tell me how these work ?

(Never worked on an OT btw)

I bought Kimura’s Chord Pack and checked the PDF manual and there are 2 different instructions types (one for M:S/AR and one for the OT), which one should be applied to the DT ?

That firmware upgrade is really exciting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How Single Cycle Waveform work?
You repeat the smallest possible repetitive vibrational curve of a sound.

This is ideally a vibration that starts at zero (=no sound), swings in one direction, swings back through zero in the other direction and returns to zero.
But basically everything is possible.

As a rule, a simple oscillator produces exactly one constantly repeating oscillation.
It is responsible for the basic sound and pitch.
All changes in the sound history are made afterwards. (distortion, adsr, filters, noise etc)

It is interesting to change this basic sound dynamically.
For example, many synthesizers offer the possibility to switch between different waves.
(sine/triangle/sawtooth etc.)

Wavetable and Single Cycle Waveform can offer this in a very complex way.
This allows us to use a sampler like a synthesizer.

Sorry, what was the question? I’m afraid I’m lost.

5 Likes

Check https://waveeditonline.com/

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying working with this collection of wave tables of synths and other instruments and sounds and a few vocal tables, a free download if you give them your email address: https://www.echosoundworks.com/eswcorewavetables

Thanks to the others here posting waves and links, terrific stuff!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Ess really is a king! Need to download this ASAP.

2 Likes

As I wrote it earlier, I was used to work with single cycle waveforms on the former firmware (using the “oscillators” from the factory sounds) but I doesn’t really get what’s different with this new firmware and things need to be handled… That’s what/why I asked :slight_smile:

The one for M:S/AR should also work for the DT.

1 Like

Not much has changed in that regard.
Almost everything was possible before.
But now 64 single cycles per slot can be used. So 128*64 = 8192 Osc’s per project are possible. Before that it was 128.
Simply switch slowly from sawtooth to triangle in the same pattern: Easy

1 Like

Ok got it thank you ! So what’s new is the « slice chain » feature ? Nice :sunglasses:

3 Likes

aight very cool, same tech. used for kicks. just put 16 or so in 1 sample that way you only load 1 sample and have an amount of kicks. tnxs for sharing

1 Like

Great thread!
Is there any way to pitch up single cycle waveforms for higher notes?

If you make a chain of 64 SCWs in DigiChain (search for the thread on it) you can then pitch them up by desired number of octaves /semitones. (On by one they’re too small for DigiChain to process.)

2 Likes

I’ll try it by today! THANKS!

THESE ARE AWESOME !! THANK YOU !! I’m using these with Polyverse so I don’t have to use the RK-02 cable anymore. Now I have an 8 voice wavetable synth. Now I can hold off on the Hydrasynth for a little while

1 Like