Digitakt _ RYTM Combo

can i link up to the RYTMs individual kits/sounds for each digitakt MIDI channel?

ie: snare channel 2, clap channel 3, etc and control them from the digitakt?

triggering the differnt sounds via midi is no problem, but i see no point in doing so, because the rytm has its own great elektron sequencer

or do you want to play/trigger the digitakt with rytms pads?

no i want to trigger individual rytm sounds via the digitakt. rytm has no midi so i cant use it with other machines

youre saying trigger full patterns instead of individual sounds?

You can still midi sync them so they share a master clock and/or transport, is that what you mean?

I thought AR got midi with the latest OS? Admittedly it just sends out the notes produced by the internal tracks. But I agree with the others, use the AR’s internal sequencer, sync clock and transport over midi, but otherwise I don’t see any advantage of sequencing AR fom another box unless it’s the Octatrack’s midi arp :wink:

youre saying the RYTM can sequence external gear now?

Yep, to a certain extent. Full improvements list here:

List of changes from OS 1.45b to 1.50

Improvements

All sequencer tracks can now be set to send sequencer data through the MIDI OUT or USB ports to control external, MIDI equipped, gear. Each track sends note on/off and velocity data over MIDI.

Added the possibility to set individual scale (speed of track playback set in multiples of the current tempo) per track.

Implemented the functionality to randomize the parameter values on a parameter page. Press [PARAMETER] + [YES] to randomize parameters.

There is now an option to set a specific tempo for every pattern within a project.

[MKII] It is now possible to control multiple performance macros simultaneously with the QUICK PERF AMOUNT knob.

[MKII] Added the possibility to select audio over USB as a sample source.

Pressing the [PADS] now automatically changes active track. This is the default setting for new projects, but can be turned off in the SEQUENCER CONFIG menu.

[MKII] New graphics are added for several parameters related to the filter, envelopes, and FXs.

[MKII] Improved knob graphics to better display the min, middle, and max values.

[MKII] Sample waveform view has been added on SMPL PAGE 2.

[MKII] Updated the graphics in the CONTROL INPUT 1/2 menus.

Pressing and holding FUNC , and then turning the knob for the DELAY TIME parameter now snaps to a set of fixed values instead of an offset to the previous value.

The user is now prompted to select SysEx transfer interface when sending project backups and USB+MIDI is selected.

[MKII] The LOAD PROJECT and SAVE PROJECT menus now include a header.

1 Like

my main gripe was that i couldnt use my Mbase 11 for kicks on the analog and would need to connect them both via the digitakt… now can i just use my mbase11 kicks directly with the rythm!?

1 Like

You sure can! Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

final question, is the distortion on the unit only for the master or for individual tracks as well?

I don’t own one, but I’ve been interested in getting one. It’s a master distortion, like a send effect as far as I know. I assume you can send the individual tracks to it in different amounts, but you can’t change the effect itself for each individual track, if that makes sense. Maybe someone who owns an AR can confirm this for you?

Edit: it’s a master effect only, controlling all of the tracks simultaneously. Not a send effect. Found that in the manual:

1 Like

cool thanks for the info youve made me rethink my entire set up

1 Like