Digitakt - Remove unused samples from project?

can I display all unused samples in the current project so I can remove them from pool?

free up more space and load up new samples?

No

really? damn

a4 has this option and ot purge too iirc

There is a workaround that allows you to remove unloaded samples from your recording folder. You have to unload all the unused samples from the project. You also have to be sure not to share recording folder with another project.

Hi,

Did Elekron ever come back to the community on this? This feature would be so frikkin useful. Thereā€™s a couple of RAM management functions that would make starting a new project much less painful - the housekeeping process is a massive drag to lose unused samples and get RAM tidied up before importing and loading new sounds.

Thanks!
Gordon

2 Likes

Nope

Somehow this popped up in my list - and I realized I never responded to it:

Yes, now this is possible via the software elk-herd: It can download a project, show you all the patterns, and the sample and sound poolsā€¦ and it will let you find, and delete if you want, the unused sample and sound pool items.

Details here: Elk-herd 3.0 beta: Project Import at last!

Iā€™m still waiting for +Drive APIs so I can find all the unused samples and sounds across all projects on the +Driveā€¦ but for now this will help you clean up individual projects so that you have space in the limited 127 entry sample and sound pools.

6 Likes

mzero = hero

3 Likes