Digitakt > Pamela's New Workout via DIN24?

Is anyone sending clock info to PNW via DIN24 on the THRU port? If so, what cable are you using? It’s madness trying to figure it out from searches - some are audio cables, some are type a, type b.

I’ve been using Digitakt > Polyend Poly 2 to sync my Eurorack modules. That has been working quite well, with the occasional glitch. However, DT doesn’t seem to send Stop or Reset. And I think it’s always sending clock info whether it’s running or not (at least the Poly 2 is passing it through). That’s a problem with Morphagene, for instance, because it doesn’t have a Run/Stop input.

Pamela’s NW, on the other hand, sends a stop and reset automatically. So I thought I would send DIN24 through the THRU to PNW clock, and use PNW to clock Morphagene and others. But PNW isn’t seeing clock from Digitakt, says “Clock not present.”

I used what seems to be a DIN24 adapter, but maybe not. I have both kinds around here somewhere and maybe I didn’t find the right one (that came with the Korg SQ-1, I think that’s DIN24).

I’ve used my Digitakt w/PNW in this way quite a bit. Works great! This is the cable you need…

Fantastic, thank you!

1 Like

Do you use one into Clock and the other into Run?

Yes, the clock one is labeled and the other goes into the run input.

Perfect. So I wonder this, would the Poly 2 (via MIDI from Digitakt) and PNW (via DIN24 from DT) stay in sync? I really like the Poly 2, with 4 CV/Gates and 9 flexible outs.

They should. I’ve used Digitakt midi out to sequence and clock a bunch of external stuff while using dinsync to clock Pam’s and never had issues. I will say that I’m not really concerned about extreme tight clock timing and probably wouldn’t have noticed if there was a tiny amount of lag.

Hey guys

I feel like I’ve really nailed my current hybrid Ableton/Digitakt/Modular/external hardware set up. Ableton clocking and sending transport to DT via OB, and DT sending clock and transport to everything else via Midi.

I’m about to take delivery of PNM’s which I will use to clock everything on the modular but keen for it to slave from DT (rather than PNW being the master clock).

So in order for PNW to start/stop/reset with the DT, I just need to get one of these ALM DIN Sync cables and then plug the run and clock into the relevant inputs on PNM? Do I go from the Midi out on the DT or can I use the Midi thru?

The main reason I ask is because I’m currently using a Quadra Thru to split the midi from the DT to 4 different devices (Modular case, TR6S + 2 hardware synths) so I don’t have a spare output currently. If I can use the midi thru then this will help me out I think and I don’t have to get a bigger midi splitter

Thanks in advance!
Freddie

I no longer have a Digitakt, but you can have midi thru port send din24 if I remember correctly so that should work

1 Like

I’ve just received the ALM adaptor and it works like a charm with my Digitone and Pamela’s PRO Workout.
I had to set PPG clock at /48 and set DIN48 on my Elektron in order to get the most accurate sync.
With DIN24 it had some kind of jitter, but /48 was definitely hard synced.