Digitakt, Overbridge, DAW (slight) latency and ERM Multiclock

Hey everyone. I bought a Takt when they first came out and sold it… and just bought another one. Fortunately when I had the original Takt I made a YouTube video explaining how to set up Overbridge in Cubase, meaning that past me helped present me get that done nice and fast. Funny huh?

I am getting very low jitter with the Takt in OB mode recording to Cubase. Jitter is certainly acceptable. But, I am getting consistent latency. Not a huge amount, but it is there. Of course I can fix that by dragging the tracks back to the grid but I got to thinking that an ERM MULTICLOCK might be helpful.

However - in OB mode it seems the clock MUST be routed via OB and USB MIDI to the Takt. Is that correct? Could I use and ERM MULTICLOCK with the Takt in OB mode and record audio to individual channels?

Or does anyone else have a better solution? Windows 10. Cubase. Takt on 1.30 and latest OB installed on the PC.

I use ableton but you really shouldn’t be getting any latency that affects the timing or recording, it’s bang on for my setup windows 10 using 4 overbridge devices always has been…
Maybe you are missing something a setting etc sorry I don’t know cubase…
For a digitakt you don’t need multiclock

1 Like

Hi,

in Ableton automatic latency compensation needs to be active.

Maybe there is a similar function in Cubase?

It’s maybe just one tick box away…

1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys. There is a tiny bit of latency but def everything is very slightly after the grid with zooming right in. I have changed buffer size etc and flicked a switch to constrain delay compensation. Still a little bit there. I have emailed Elektron. Are they good with support responses?

So still no reply from Elektron and no cure for the consistent latency using Overbridge. I see that Elektron are saying responses will be slow but I have not had one at all and its been over two weeks.

Currently the Digitakt is not useful at all to me as it is behind the grid with any possible settings I have tried including buffer size, constraining delay compensation etc.

I am very frustrated as all my other gear is bang on including my decently sized Eurorack setup. It is worth noting that there is no JITTER that is noticable, just consistent and always present latency.

I have attached a picture of what I am dealing with. You can see all tracks are the same degree of delay behind the grid. All the time.