Digitakt OS 1.50

Yeah, they can be fun. I was just listening to some 90s jungle and admiring how dirty everything sounded… These days music is so polished, produced in an almost “surgical” way. I miss how dirty and raw things used to sound. Yeah, embrace the clicks!

I won’t be upset if i can turn off 0-crossing detection though :wink:

3 Likes

Sure, but sometimes one is trying to create a pad or texture…

2 Likes

Yeah they aren’t always welcome. What I kind of meant though is if you think of them as a separate percussive element and layer a subtle clicks rhythm on top or some other short percussive element, you get free rhythm and can mask the clicks that way. But I might be saying something very obvious now hehe. I agree that sometimes things would be nice if they were clean but seeing these little anomalies as little opportunities is always fun I think.

5 Likes

I think you did a good job, in your 1.50 overview video and in the bonus material for your Digitakt course, of demonstrating the new machines and using them to advantage. I should stop being lazy about waveform work, expecting these machines to do it all for me; instead, I should embrace them for what they are right now, while hoping for small improvements down the road.

1 Like

I talk about it during Beta.
This really annoyed me too.
I wish there was a possibility to record slice values with keyboard instead of notes.
Or anything improving it.

You simply can’t modulate slices without mess up pitch when they are played with Note.

And we can’t use scales in KB Fold with chromatic sample chains…it is chromatic only, and rows are inverted.

1 Like

Extra rhythmic transients are useful!!

1 Like

are you guys in the beta not still in contact with your beta handlers ?

It’s fine if you always start with the Create Locks - but everyone I know who chops up their beats likes to live-play the slices into the seq themselves. So I’m really surprised this hasn’t been brought up here since release. Maybe the MPC/daw crowd haven’t been enticed towards the DT’s new toys just yet…

In my observational only experience, I don’t see a ton of crossover between Elektron and Akai crowds. Not that there isn’t plenty of that of course. I just think people “generally” are on one side or the other or both. The people using these tools tend to know what they like, or where they started. I’m not sure it’s a matter of getting one to cross over to the other.

I’m sure there are those that say, use an MPC One to control everything, and then have subordinate Elektrons for example.

Might also be cool to have an Octa running the show, and some older rack mount Akais on sample duty for the audio aesthetic.

I don’t believe I’ve seen this config thus far.

I’m thinking Octa controlled Future Sound of London :wink:

Anyway just pontificating…. :slight_smile:

This is me. MPC One controlling most chromatic things, ST (and now DT as well, though I’m still in the experimenting on the couch phase) doing complex drums while clocked by the MPC.

2 Likes

My wee brother is doing the same. But the twist is he’s probably the best piano player I’ve had the pleasure of listening to. So, he has a Yamaha MIDI piano connected to his synth collection (my doing :smiling_imp: ) and then built a bracket for a Mini-Continuum (or however it’s spelled…) and has a stack of synths and modular (building him a modular as time permits) sitting above the piano. He’s using an MPC One to capture all of it. But he’s a proper player, so he plays everything by hand like a symphony grade musician into the tools that I use to avoid playing where possible. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Professor X reviewing the Digitakt update

1 Like

Embrace the clicks” … worth a Dave Mech-led thread entitled so to share the joy of clicks?!

3 Likes

Click with clicks ?

2 Likes

Sampled clicks, sliced with added clicks?

2 Likes

We need a video from Dave on this – or, as it’s colloquially known, a “click flick”

2 Likes

Clickless clicks?

6 Likes

everyone needs to watch so they can be down with the click clique.

3 Likes

I :heart: cliquety clicks

1 Like

This place is getting a bit to cliquey.

5 Likes