Digitakt OS 1.50

good job Elektron! now do the RYTM.

5 Likes

I had to double-check the fine print on the screen bezel, and indeed, it doesnā€™t mention FM either, just ā€œPolyphonic digital synthesizerā€. And then thereā€™s the box / marketing copy of ā€œmaster the digital methodā€ which doesnā€™t specify the kind of digitalā€¦

Fun to think that Elektron might have been keeping Digitoneā€™s options open for future expansion all along!

11 Likes

Itā€™s better than OT. You can move the sample wherever you want whenever you want and nothing breaks.

Thank you Elektron !

When reading your comment, for a moment I thought they implemented the press-turn ratio for start/loop/end snapping to powers of 3.75 and got super excited. Unfortunately they did not do it :smiley: . I always found power of 4 super pointless since the it goes upto 120, not 128ā€¦ (or alternatively they would make it upto 128 and keep power of 4) Anyways, I mostly ā€œneededā€ that to do manual ā€œslicingā€ or ā€œfake time stretchā€. Now that we got both covered, itā€™s okay I guess.

1 Like

Great news for all you Digitakt peeps, but I would like to reiterate something I said when songmode was announced :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Uhhhh am I going crazy or are there abunch of new keyboard scalesā€¦?

1 Like

Dave Mech can keep a secret!

5 Likes

Very cool. Thanks!

1 Like

I looked but Iā€™m stoopid. How do you enable this?

EDIT: OH itā€™s SLICE = NOTE

3 Likes

I have missed my Digitakt since I sold it. This makes it very tempting.

90% of what I did on the Octatrack was random slice locks, so this looks amazing

Now that weā€™re all gonna wanna load a bunch of long samples into the DT Elektron needs to add USB host support for external drives. Or some kind of crazy dongle that serves as storage expansion.

7 Likes

What an amazing update, greatly implemented. I admit I had reached a point where I felt like the DT couldnā€™t really surprise me too much anymore experimentation-wise, but this throws me back to my first seconds on the DT.

This may allow them to introduce a simple sample machine on the Syntakt (the Oneshot on DT) without ā€˜killingā€™ the DT. Would be great news for all the ST cymbal lovers.

2 Likes

Strange. After updating I did the usual uninstall/reinstall overbridge dance, DT is running 1.5, OB is at 2.3.9 but my OB is not connecting to my DT. Anyone else?

As far as I am aware Iā€™ve done the permissions thing in the dumb mac security panel thing.

amazing update, iā€™m just waiting for a granular machine to rebuy it nowā€¦

WERP is sort of a granular machine.

4 Likes

Seriously nice update. Wasnā€™t expecting this.

I havenā€™t tried it yet, but canā€™t wait to get it setup.

Its like an octatrack! :wink: With easy workflow! :wink: And overbridge! :wink:

No but really, amazing. Elektron seems like a different company nowadays. Before everything was not possible, now everything seems possible (notemode and the recent updatesā€¦)

5 Likes

Woah, that was the last feature on my wishlist! R.I.P. OT

Third great major update for DT in a rowā€¦ this box just keeps getting better.

Just have to give some love to Elektron.

3 Likes