Digitakt OS 1.03 is here!

Perfect! Thank you for your reply!

how is the DT now ? all good ? i want one, can not wait much longer
:slight_smile:

Thatā€™s sad! Mine sounds banjo. Seeing Cenks videos, I thought DT is more sitarish. These sample variations are worrying. QC seems to sleep in Sweden the whole midsummer day. cheers!

Still waiting for my DT from local dealer. When I get it, do I need to progressively upgrade the OS via 1.02 or go straight to 1.03?

No

No I donā€™t go via 1.02 or no I donā€™t go straight to 1.03?

ah

No need, go straight to 1.03

1 Like

Thanks. Getting impatient to try it. Hopefully monday

1 Like

Joxā€¦ temporary relief from banjo may be found with a liberal application of Steve Martin. Like the malady of bagpipes, there is no known cure for banjo.

2 Likes

i RTFM. lol

Okā€¦ I have a couple patterns saved in the first bank, but theyā€™re mostly comprised of the default (pre-existing) sounds. Is the +Drive affected by wiping patterns/kits/projects (a consequence of updating the OS), or does it exist independently (unaffected) as a folder for my custom-recorded, raw samples? Will the factory reset affect my saved samples? Iā€™m only wondering about the sixty or so samples Iā€™ve created, regardless of (unrelated to) my projects. Apologies for the confusionā€¦

Is the +Drive structured, or divided by the banks? Or is it simply a general folder for storing recorded samples? Like, a main folder that I can recall/load samples from, regardless of which bank my projects exist in. The patterns/projects arenā€™t a concern, only the samples. I appreciate any help, thanks.

edit c: Iā€™m assuming that Iā€™ve been working (sampling, etc.) in Bank A, regardless of the projectā€¦ will the +Drive (with my samples) be cleared by updating to the recent OS (1.03), and the subsequent factory reset? Is the +Drive unique to each bank, or is it independent of the banks.

Digitakt OS 1.03 :in total there are now 32 patterns and 64 sounds. To install the factory presets you must perform a Factory Reset.
Please how to perform a Factory Reset ?

ā€œThe shortcut operations for saving/reloading patterns have been changed so they donā€™t apply to
the saved plus drive project. In order to save patterns to (or reload ditto from) the plus drive project
you must now use the pattern menu.ā€

Ermā€¦ OK, so Iā€™m editing a pattern, then I use quick-save, not realising I havenā€™t actually saved it to the +drive. What happens then if I a) switch to another pattern, or b) load another project? Could I lose the changes I made because they were only tempararily saved?

Where are the new 32 patterns and 64 sound in the new OS 1.03 ?

Read page 59 of the latest version of the manual before you do the following:

Access the Startup menu by holding down the [FUNC] key and powering up the Digitakt. Then press the [TRIG 3] key.

Now thanks to your help is all right; Thank you Peter and good evening

3 Likes

Can anybody help me to clarify whether or not my recorded samples will remain on the +Drive when I update to OS 1.03? Will the +Drive be wiped clean (and new samples added), after performing the Factory Reset? Not talking about Projects/Kits/Patterns. Sorry for the redundant postsā€¦

See mzeroā€™s comment above (approx. entry 82 of this thread)ā€¦

When updated from 1.0 to 1.02 and then performed a factory reset, none of my projects or uploaded/sampled audio samples were adversely affected - all remained in the folders that I had created.

I have not performed the update to v1.03, but I assume (in part, based on mzeroā€™s comment) that the same would hold true for this one.

1 Like

I updated and didnā€™t lose anything.

I did all my work on the Digitakt in a new project, not the project with the factory patterns/samples, so everything was still there after the update and factory reset.

2 Likes

My deepest apology if this has already been covered, but can anybody clarify as to whether or not a Factory Reset (after updating to OS 1.03) will wipe clean my recorded samples on the +Drive? I couldnā€™t find a way to access any other bank but the first one (A, Trig 9) ā€“ so I assumed that the +Drive exists independent of Bank number. If anybody could help explain this, itā€™d be much appreciated. I figure that this applies to sampling (or adding samples), generally.