Digitakt OS 1.03 is here!

DIN midi works for me very vell, used DT as master or slave, with keyboard in, sequencing to external… no crashes or freezes. All good. For me it’s a really great machine now.

1 Like

Excellent to hear. I’ve just updated and will get to work with midi sync now!

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can delete the factory sounds (not the samples) that were added with this update?

I like the factory samples but prefer not to have any preset sounds on the machine.

just had my first crash using func + save :unamused:

Me too :frowning: I didn’t have any crashes at all with 1.02. I am slightly confused with the “Saved to Temp” thing now with func + save (project/pattern).

i had loads of crashes with v2, wasn’t using it with ableton because of them but was going well this morning with v3 and everything synced.

i can’t find the factory sounds either, the samples are there but i’m not sure where the sounds are meant to be

You have to do a factory reset after updating the OS. You will then find 40 or so factory preset sounds in sound bank A of +Drive.

1 Like

ah gotcha, hadn’t done a reset yet… thanks!

1 Like

Hmm think I’ll skip this update. 1.02 has been pretty solid so far.

With this new save mode, if I save a pattern but don’t save the project, then turn off the Digitakt… does the pattern revert to the project version or does the modified pattern persist through power off ?

So I threw everything midi I have at the DT tonight - multiple clock sources, p-locked ccs all over the place, multiple midi channels - and happy to say the DT took it like a champ, not one crash. From a midi / sync point of view I think 1.03 is very good. Well done team Elektron to get this right!

7 Likes

Stupid question time - saw that the sample restore thing comes with a factory reset… How do I back up my existing patterns and projects to my computer?? First time Elektron user here… Thanks!

You can’t at the moment (presume that will come with Overbridge). But a factory reset after this OS update will only affect the factory project and the sounds on the +Drive in Bank A. It doesn’t delete other projects/patterns.

1 Like

Man< I hope this fixes the freezing

Great! Thanks for the reply!

Please bring back the Transport send and receive. I have MIDI devices I would like to send clock, but not transport, when there is no option to disable the internal sequencer.

2 Likes

So I sampled some bagpipes and now I’m getting some really annoying bagpipe sounds out of my DT. Will this be fixed in OS 1.04?

8 Likes

a) Upgrading to 1.03 firmware will not wipe your saved projects or sounds.

b) The upgrade alone will not give you the factory sounds.

c) The Factory Reset is an optional step you can choose to do after the upgrade. This will: over-write project slot 01 with the factory patterns (now 16 of them), and (after the 1.03 upgrade) will over-write Sound bank A with 32 factory sounds. Your other projects, and other sound banks will be unaffectd.

4 Likes

There is no known OS update that can cure this problem.

Once I was camping in Ontario with a group of friends. Little did we know that the campground was also populated by a group of bagpipe players who were to play in a nearby town festival.

When they started their practicing, the non-bagpipe campers rose up and confronted them. Some things just cannot be allowed to continue…

There was one advantage to that campground. Someone had a battery powered TV and we got to watch Nixon resign.

2 Likes

no, your DT must be taken outside and shot - there is no other way!!

1 Like