Digitakt Octatrack thru port clocking question

hi there,

I am trying to clock my octatrack mk2 from my digitakt but the midi out on the digital is being used for something else so should I be able to do this by connecting the midi thru on the digital to the octatrack midi in?

I’ve tried this but no joy so i’m guessing not ( and prob have to buy a midi hub?) but thought i’d post this in case i’m missing something in the settings.

thanks,
B

THRU sends a copy of what is received at midi IN.
Clock should still be sent (depending on devices) so check your digitakt sends clock out of midi THRU

thanks for the reply. I am able to send clock to an effects unit from digitakts THRU so it appears the issue is with the octatrack not being able to receive clock from the digitakts THRU port. I hope I’m making sense here. tnx

Make sure OT has receive clock ON, receive Transport ON (if desired)
Check manual for details

yes OT has both set to ON, sorry I should have mentioned that in previous.

Would either of these routings work for your setup?

DT OUT -> other IN
other THRU -> OT IN

DT OUT -> OT IN
OT THRU -> other IN

Either should enable the desired behaviour.

I didn’t know you could also send clock from a THRU port. Interesting…

Thank for that. Will try these tomorrow. Am clocking an eventide h90 from the digitakt THRU

this worked:

DT OUT -> OT IN
OT THRU -> other IN

The “other” in this case is the Mutant Brain module. For some reason i had it in my head that sequencing my modular using the MB from the DT via the OT THRU wouldn’t work but it does…!

thanks again,
B

1 Like

Of course it does,
Remember THRU is a copy of what ever is sent to IN.
In this way I can use one midi keyboard to play all synths in my studio, one sequencer to send midi through other synths and drum machines to a splitter, and then onto more synths.
Midi THRU should be on everything.

1 Like