Digitakt + Octatrack set up/workflow. Need the Jedi counsels instruction

Yes.

Fairly simple. The OT can control pattern changes on the DT either whenever you change a pattern, or whenever you change to a pattern that is linked to a different part.

So Peter- I’m 10 days into the OT- sampling, sequencing, arranging, p-locking, driving slow but driving. Still have no idea how the LFOs really work, but I’m rockn. I can get a DT used for 500 bucks of Craiglist today, think I’m adding too much to my plate?

This is really a question of personal taste; you had a little play with the DT before the OT. It’s really a question of whether having the extra tracks outweighs the extra money, time, and weight/space.

Well, I have the space, I sold my MPC live which I imagined becoming a Digitone or the Digitakt. Time is a slight concern, but the extra tracks are very appealing. Torn between the DT and the DN. my GAS is wrapped up more in ambivalence right now cause the OT really occupies my attention, so im trying to make rational decisions.

The rational decision is to wait at least until you’ve fully explored sample-locking and using single-cycle waveforms with the OT.

Thats what I wanted (needed) to hear. Thank you.

Heres a riddle.

Can I parameter condition? I have a 64 note long sample ( a Moog bass line ) I want it to play in its entirety the first time it plays in arrangement, but the second time I want it to play half as long ( same pattern) make sense?

so in the arrangement the pattern play twice, can I put a 50% condition so the hold and release p-locks only happen the second time it plays?

Make sense?

I did it with scenes!!!

This is still the best reply I’ve ever read

2 Likes

lol I still occasionally get notifications from this 2 year old comment, i still don’t have a digitakt

5 Likes