Digitakt modified with internal battery

Do you have a purchase link for the Noname BMS 3S 40A Balanced version ?

I got it from a local shop in Kiev, Ukraine. But you can easily get it online if you google Ā«BMS 3S 40A BalancedĀ». Any one you find using this request will do.

Hereā€™s one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Lithium-Battery-Charger-Protection-Enhanced/dp/B07KJKTK7K

4 Likes

Yes! This is very cool!

Thank you.

Very interested in the Octatrack battery install tutorial!

Same

This has something to do with Heat Handling. I am Not sure how warm those lipos get while charging and If this is good for the DT Heat Handling/Air flow.

I have Octatrack battery ready, will share details quite soon. It requres smaller batteries as there is less space then in Digitakt, though Octatrack can go much lower in voltage, so the work time should be more or less the same.

4 Likes

These arenā€™t LiPos, these are LiOns, they donā€™t heat up at all. Digitakt doesnā€™t generate any heat too, as it doesnā€™t even have ventilation holes like wedge-shaped devices do.

14 Likes

Dang iā€™m interested in making my Monomachine a mobile box nowā€¦

Wow, Iā€™m just seeing this thread now.

Aha, OK. Thank you for clearifying. That it doesnt has Ventilation holes, doesnt mean that it doesnt produce any Heat, though. My DN has a nice handwarm temperature when in use.

Iā€™d never be able to do this myself. Iā€™d fry the neighbourhood while trying. Did once, actually, and only a light bulb was involved at the time.

Would any decent electrician be able to pull this off, though? Whatā€™s the level of skill required here? Iā€™ll shop around town, see if I can find someone who wants to trade favours.

This looks REALLY interesting. I bought MyVolt RipCord to power my boxes, but itā€™s not working with my powerbank - so Iā€™m looking for other options. I just donā€™t have any real experience in soldering and modding the gear (I did some mods on Poly-800 and it worked - maybe there is some hope for me;) ).

If you donā€™t want to open up your Elektron box and it has a 12 volt psu (not compatible with 6 volt boxes) then get one of these and just Velcro it to the back. Nice and simple.

Mini UPS Uninterrupted Power Supply 7800mah 12V 2A USB 5V 1A Output Power Bank (GM312 UPS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075QZQSS1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bWkdDbKGTKSWQ

3 Likes

You need to be able to follow the youtube video, solder wires to contact plates, use a screwdriver and a insulation tape. Thats it. Any person that has any experience with soldering electronics can do it with proper tools.

2 Likes

Very interested in doing this, would battery packs such as this be suitable i wonder? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-Pack-for-CCTV-Camera-6800mAh-Lithium-ion-UK/292545262376?epid=1107606791&hash=item441d0e7328:g:tWQAAOSwuvla6GD2

I was looking at these also, but I have no idea if they have integrated BMS and if they do, how good it is. Also battery packs like this usually have separate input and output wire pairs, which isnā€™t the way itā€™s done in my mod (same two wires are used to charge the battery and power Digitakt when the charger isnā€™t plugged in). So I have no clue, to be honest. Someone has to order it, disassemble, see how it works and if itā€™s suitable for our cause.