Digitakt: MIDI triggers synth and kick

Yes, I have everything updated, also firmware on DT. You said that you solved the triggering issue by selecting only MIDI as output. How can you send sounds from DT to OB without outputting USB as well? Also are you using ASIO or MME/DirectX as driver type?

These are the settings I have using OB.
Digitakt MIDI settings

1 Like

Thank you so much @kelvin, I changed a couple of parameters and now seems to work smoothly.

Hey, did anyone eventually resolved the issue? I checked kelvinā€™s midi config and tried to copy them but the kick triggering thing still occurs. Iā€™m running ableton 10 as well

1 Like

Not sure if this helps but make sure you have the Digitakt VST set to a channel NOT to All Channels.

1 Like

Yay man! It actually worked, thx!

Stumbled across this topic.
I solved it by disabling Receive Notes under the ports.

1 Like

Having the same problem here. Tried everything in the suggestions above nothing seems to work. No matter what I do, my midi keyboards running through Ableton Live 10 will only trigger track 1/kick on the Digitakt. Anybody have any new ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated

That sounds like a different problem. I could trigger something but it would also trigger track 1 at the same time. Its not that easy to solve unless you post a few pics of the routing. How are you with MIDI?

1 Like

Actually I did have the same or similar problem as you. I just worded it incorrectly in my last post. Every track on the Digi including the midi tracks were playable via the buttons 1-16 on the digitakt or via the keys on my external midi USB keyboard, but would at the same time also trigger the kick/track 1ā€¦ since my last post, Iā€™ve changed some settings in Ableton and now all tracks are working beautifully without the kick being triggered but now my external keyboard will only play the audio tracks 1 through 8 on the Digi and have no effect on the midi tracks A - H ,so now Iā€™m not able to play my synthesizers/tracks A-H with my external keyboard at all. Also, as a side note, if I try to use Auto channel 14 on the keyboard it has no effect on any of the tracks. I have to assign my midi keyboard to track 2 if I want to play track 2 and so on

Hello everyone! I am facing the same issue multiple times. Neither of the suggestions above have worked for me so far. The problem is only resolved after restarting the project with Digitakt switched off, deleting the Overbridge plugin and reloading it, where unfortunately I have to make over and over the audio routing in my Ableton tracks. Whereas if my Ableton crashes and reopens (we all know the struggle) or I open another project, without switching the Digitakt off, the problem appears. In my opinion, the problem is not about wrong settings, but itā€™s a bug in the software, when you start a project with Digitakt powered on.

1 Like

Same here. Sometimes unticking ā€˜receive notesā€™ will work but itā€™s totally random

Guys this is the solution to my problem. In my case Push was triggering Kick on the Digitakt. Tried every option possible and this finally solved the issue. Remember to change from (All Channels) to a (Channel) on the channel where Digitakt VST is loaded (Talking about Ableton here) :smiley: Thanks Kelvin!