Digitakt issues when audio-out cables + usb/midi cables also connected

Hi, before I return this unit as faulty, would you let me know if anyone also experienced this?
Basically, I have had this for a week now, connected to Mac via USB (not that it could be of any use since OB is not ready yet!), however, always used phones to operate it.
Today I have tried to connect this to my motu 828x using audio cables and realized that, having both USB cable and audio cables connected will cause the Digitakt to not power or abruptly reset. Same exact behaviour when I have tried to remove the USB cable and connect a midi cable.
Bottom line, I cannot have midi/usb cables + audio cables because it will cause DT to not power or reset.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
that’s a strange behaviour, indeed. I can tell you that my DT works perfect with really every port connected. I get MIDI in from USB and MIDI IN and OUT are connected to a midi-interface. Even clock is sended and received. I’m on 1.06 but it works stable since 1.04.
Since your problem did not appear with headphones it seems that your audio cables have something to do with it - but honestly, I never heard anything like this caused by audio cables.

Which cables do you use?
Did you try to hook up another audio interface?
What happens if you plug your headphones to the main outs?

2 Likes

Thanks, for your reply.
It is indeed a strange behaviour! Audio cables are proel and I don’t think are faulty because I have tried another pair of audio cables that I use with a synth and they also do the same. Connecting headphones to L out works fine (only mono of course). As I said, using midi/usb cables + phones also works fine, in fact I also was able to clock sync.
Definitely seems to be an issue with the combination of audio cables+usb/midi. It almost seems that the unit enters a safe mode (i.e. power off when on or not powering on at all) when this happens.
I have opened a ticket at elektron.se, hopefully they will know more.