Digitakt is a great sound card

(original post title was rather argument bait-y, so edited)

But you can’t use it’s inputs! :joy:

Edit : with usb class compliant, my bad.
Thanks to @blaize for clarifying!

I can use 4 inputs and 8 virtual tracks

1 Like

That is to say?
I only used usb with iPhone, but from what I read apparently you can’t use Digitakt L/R inputs except for sampling, no ? If it’s only virtual and I can’t hear anything, it seems a bit useless.

No you can listen analog L/R + usb L/R

Ah good news! So the limitation is only for usb audio class compliant and Overbridge?

I use Overbridge. Didn’t try class compliant. But with OB on Windows 10 it’s work very well.

So you can record DT inputs L/R in a DAW, and the 8 tracks, that’s it ?

What can be the source?

USB L/R will record whatever’s coming down the USB to go to the outs. You can sample any sound coming out of windows if you set the windows master output to DT.

2 Likes

yes you can record input L / R ° 8 track. And USB is to listen the DAW or music on computer. Or Sample into the DT.

2 Likes

Ok. And inputs L/R are not summed?
The monitoring problem confused me too!

Here is the thread about class compliant usb.

Yes, they made a smart move to split the USB data connection and power supply paths. They also did this on the model cycles and model samples (while they could be easily USB powered) probably for this particular reason.

4 Likes

Not summed with OB. You have a true stereo capture. But when sampling into the DT, it’s summed.

3 Likes

MOTU also offers 0 noise. lots of I/O :slight_smile:

big fan

1 Like

RME every time.

2 Likes

Mmm I get noise when using USB and OB. Got a digitone and digitakt setup; but the moment i launch ableton everything sounds like shit basically. At first i thought it was the Digitakt compressing but i just tried to record something and near the end every now and then the Rich original sound came through.

Could an USB hub solve this? The laptop I am using isnt the best.

No, an USB HUB won’t solve noise unless it’s a special gear for noise cancelation.
The noise is usually a ground loop. You should troubleshoot what is exactly the problem.
1/ Have you other gears connected to the DT ?
2/ Have you noise if you use your headphone and not the monitors ?
3/ Have you constant noises ? Or electronic spike noise when you move the mouse or the hard drive is working ?
4/ The noise is recorded ?

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t think the noise is recorded. My speakers are brand new and I use balanced cables… They tend to have a very soft noise when not playing anything.

If the noise is not recorded and it’s only on your speakers, you should use a transformer isolator like ART DTI with balanced cables.
I use it and it resolve my noises issue, even with balanced cable:
Audio interface -> balanced jack to XLR-> ART DTI -> balanced XLR -> my monitor speakers.

Got my Digitakt on 1.30 (looks like E on the left of the startup screen but should be B?)

• Running the latest OSX my Macbook Air can
  • Uninstalled OB, restarted, installed latest drivers (giving security permissions) and restarted
  • I’m able to see Digitakt OB and Digitakt Class Compliant to use as audio outs

For some reason I am unable to hear any computer audio out on the Digitakt using either, I’ve tried changing to USB Audio/MIDI. Not just Ableton, but VLC wavs, testing default OS sound effects…

Anything to suggest? The Digitakt plays internal sounds just fine, I’m just unable to use it as a soundcard for whatever reason.

Edit: Figured it out. Oddly enough a hub not even connected to the device was causing instability, i noticed it kept cycling in the Overbridge devices list and isolated the other connected USB devices. Worked great after that!