Digitakt II PCB

According to the NXP link, the main CPU is legacy chip first launched in December 2017. I’m guessing it’s the same as the one in the DT1.

So many Kingston chips in there you might expect the DT2 loves sampling Jamaican reggae

16 Likes

I’m assuming 68k referring to Motorola 68000 - Wikipedia and not x68?

5 Likes

400mb of samples on a quick change project

madlad

2 Likes

As a tinkerer with a soldering gun and DIY instructions and kit, I am envious of the knowledge and skills of development team that put this all together and came out with the D2.

What a wonderful thing to be a part of.

10 Likes

yes, my mistake)

1 Like

The Digitone (2018) has two coldfire cpus inside. This suggests that Elektron ought to be able to implement the sequencer enhancements in the DT2 in the Digitone and Syntakt in an update.

4 Likes
1 Like

Tasty!!! IRC the sharc was in the Nord modular familiy, waldorf used them - excellent chip familiy.

It’s no vintage Motorola DSP but it will do.

1 Like

I belive sharcs were always from analog devices.

Yeah, just joking a bit, old Waldorf and virus ti and I think monomachine/machinedrum were all on Motorola dsps. Wanna say my Waldorf Q with expander has 5 dsps in it.

2 Likes

Ah, i did have a look, youre right, the old waldorfs were on motorola dsp, the iridium has sharcs , the old nord modular had sharcs too.

I am a chip ignoramus. Know nothing about this stuff TBH.

Is this the same/similar SHARC chip that UAD use in their Apollo interfaces?

The modelling capabilities on the Apollo SHARC chips are amazing. I love the fact that I can load up a configuration on my Apollo X4 and it is stored for offline use without a computer. The plugin sound quality is outstanding.

Downside is they throw off a lot of heat. My Apollo X4 gets as warm as my Syntakt, not quite too hot to touch but certainly pretty damn warm.

There might be different versions of the sharc family, i dont know which one exactly is used in the iridium - i can confirm that the iridium gets very warm.

2 Likes

The big question… Do we still have room for a battery?

Raiders of the Lost Sharc.

7 Likes

I believe sequential uses them too… I think I remember seeing that in my p6.

I appreciated this joke deeply