Digitakt II issues with Transfer app

I just received my DTII and I’m having some troubles with the Transfer app. I’m using a Mac and I have the most up to date version of everything. When I try to upload my sample folders, I get the pinwheel of death and the app stops responding, so I have to force quit. I can upload individual samples, but when I try to upload all the samples within a folder (not the folder itself), it gets halfway through and then the app quits unexpectedly. The samples that finished before it quits are still available on the DTII, but this is gonna be a very annoying way to get my samples on it.

Anybody else have this problem?

edit: I should mention I was having problems before due to the app not being up to date, so I downloaded the newest version. In my attempt to troubleshoot during that problem, I formatted the +Drive. Just figured I should mention that.

1 Like

Do you have the DT connected through a midi hub or directly to your computer ? I’m case of the former, try the latter.

Tried both, same issue.

Set to audio / midi usb mode in usb config (DT settings)? If yes, midi config set to usb in? Just a few things to try.

Is Transfer stopping at a specific file?
If so, you may have a bad wav file that Transfer is struggling to read/convert to 48kHz/16bit.

1 Like

Problems with transferring samples have been reported by several users:

Some mention that too many levels in subfolders structure causes problems. Flatten the directory structure might solve things temporary for now…

I think Elektron is aware of the problems mentioned but it’s recommended to file a bug report.

1 Like

tried messing around with these, no luck. also just realized who you were, love your music lol

nope, seems to stop responding whenever i try to upload folders, and then samples within a folder stop uploading at seemingly random points.

thank you, i’ll look into these. I’m new on this forum, didn’t realize there was a bug reports thread.

Will try this.

1 Like
  • Was the same in my case.
  • In the end, the file system was corrupted (data garbage, unreadable files, permission problems, undeletable files)
  • ⇒ I formatted +Drive and made factory reset
  • now I am retransferring samples
    • like the first time: no problems, even with nested folders in the beginning
    • thinking of staying below 8GB and waiting there for firmware update
    • secretly hoping that formatting the drive with 1.01 may have solved the issue but don’t want to push it because it takes days to fill or backup the whole drive (and this is no exaggeration)
1 Like

[EDIT] the same problem seems to occur to windows users as well…:cold_sweat:

As I said on the bug reports topic : Digitakt II 1.01 : Bug reports - #108 by dustanddrones

This issue seems to be related to MAC OS, I used windows after my +DRIVE corrupted files, and now everything works fine.

1 Like

interesting… i don’t think that was the problem in my case.

UPDATE:

I was able to transfer the samples I wanted in smaller batches with little problems. The app stopped responding twice when I overloaded it with tasks I think. I was still not able to upload my own folders, so I created a new folder structure in Transfer. Turned out to be a better idea anyway, more organized.

I wonder if there’s a hard limit on the number of items (or size) per folder… maybe this was never encountered before because of the smaller storage. Watching this closely, will test when I receive mine.

1 Like

that could be, but the “not responding” thing was happening no matter what folder i tried to upload. some of the folders i tried had like 15 samples in them. there may be a limit to how many samples you can task it with uploading at once tho, it seemed to not like it when i tried a lot of longer loops.

1 Like

The same is happening here. Transfer 1.8 running on an m1 MacBook Pro on Sonoma.

Did anyone actually manage to transfer a big batch of files within a nested folder structure all in one go?

Just uploaded 7,700 samples (6gb) on 1.01A and 1.8.6 Transfer using a 2012 MacBook with 16 gb ram.

It took a magnificent 6 hours but with 0 crashes, 0 dropped samples, and I could fiddle a little on the preset projects while it uploaded without freezing up.

If i don’t have enough samples to make whatever sound I can dream up, it’s on me at this point.

FWIW there’s now a dedicated topic for bugs with transfer 1.8.6 (the DT2 version) ->

3 Likes