Digitakt hydrasynth pattern change patch problem

Hey everyone I hope I can explain this problem properly

When changing patterns and I use a different hydra synth patch per patter. The first note of the sequence is basically the “initialized patch” and then after that it plays the patch that I have assigned it to.

For example lets say i’m playing a pattern with patch number 1 on the hydrasynth. I switch to a new pattern and want the hydrasynth to play patch number 2. The first note in the sequence plays the “initialized patch” and the every other note plays the proper patch I have assigned.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue please help! It is quite annoying and almost ruining my tracks.

Thanks!!

Have you activated the automated Program Change transmission in the Digitakt’s Global Settings, or are you sending Program Change from the DT’s MIDI sequencer tracks? Or from both?

I did not have prog ch receive or prog ch send activated but it did not change anything. I am still getting the first note as the initialized patch when changing patterns with a new hydrasynth patch.

Hello, any suggestions to solve this problem ? I have the same issue

You have activated the BANK and PROG dials on the digitakt midi source page right?

Yes for sure, the prog change is effective but it has some latency and thé first note of the next pattern is played with the “old” prog…

French ? (Thé) :wink:
Yes, there is a lag, and sounds bad during change.
The only solution would be to anticipate the program change before first note imho.
(And make the previous note silent during that change).
Or…make it after first note.

Oui​:sweat_smile:! I was expecting this answer…disapointed. i’ve tried to put a “blank” note but this changes nothing… Thanks for your fast response !:pray:

1 Like