Digitakt [FUNC+No] occasional tiny moment of silence

I’ve discovered this issue on my DT about a year ago (can not confirm if it was there before the 1.50).

You play a sequence, adjust parameters of the fly and then press [FUNC+No] to reload pattern to its saved state. Sometimes I experinece very short moment of complete silence before pattern returns to its original form. Pattern stays in time.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Not an issue when practicing at home, but yesterday it happened to me on stage. Fortunately, once per set, so it looked more like a planned trick than failure.

Do you use big samples?

Does it happen with a variety of patterns?, and when you say silence does that mean that all the samples that are playing at the moment of reload stop or are cut?. It sound like at the point you reload there is not any triggers firing but I would expect that there would be some continuation of existing samples which is odd.

2 Likes

Does it only happen in the one project? Is your DT really filled up? Like ram and memory are close to capacity? You can probably test the theory of whether it’s a bug vs a hardware limitation by backing everything up then do a factory reset to wipe the slate, afterwards only load the project you’re referring to where you had it happen more than once and repeat the same actions with only that one project on your DT.

It’s all hypothetical but I’d think that if you’re experiencing a bug or something is weird with that project that it will happen again regardless of available ram/memory. If your DT does not have much content on it right now then I’d say this is less likely to make a difference.

I’ve never heard of this being an issue or experienced it, but I try and keep my dt pretty well purged.

Enjoy the silence

Thank all for replies and suggestions above.

30-40 seconds max, most of samples are shorter loops or one shots

Yes

cut

In two projects, but they are nearly ‘clones’ with different development. I’ll make an empty project to test this behaviour.

About 350 mb free, but it has never ever been fully formatted since I got it a little bit used in the fall of 2018.

The projects have about 25mb free, but half of sequences (about 40-50) are intensely filled up - different machines, conditional trigs, various timings, sound locks etc. Other sequences are empty.

I’ll give it a go, thank you for suggestion!

Any moment of silence can be filled up with blastbeats :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Does anyone know what happens when you max out the p-locks in a pattern?, I wonder if there can be some cross over between patterns when there are too many and it reacts strangely.

When the P-locks are maxed out, It says “lock memory full” and ones added after wont reliably save, but nothing else changes.

I’ using func NO and also copying/pasting other patterns into playing patterns and not seeing any gap behavior, using multiple machines, on a project with near-full RAM… Not sure what could be wrong for OP, guessing someone up-thread has already asked if they’re connected to computer (sometimes a source of weird behavior/lag…).

1 Like

DT is standalone

I’ve seen this message on MD mk1 once, but on DT never btw

I use this technique too and have never had a single issue