Digitakt freeze boot screen

Electronauts, hello! I have been using my Digitakt for 4 months already, it hung up at boot once, using the boot mode and button 5, it booted successfully, and the second time it freezes in boot mode and in normal mode, now the boot mode does not help it, etc. Tell me what to do?

2 Likes

Hey, it also happened to me that DT froze on startup. What helped me was to turn it off, unplug it and wait for a minute or so.

The user manual also mentions this:

RESTART
• For a complete restart of the Digitakt, wait for at least 30 seconds after turning it off before turning it on again

Here other people also wrote about similar situation:

1 Like

So I did not turn it on for about a week, and here is the situation.

Hi @steeplechase welcome to the Elektronauts :slight_smile:

was your DT in a colder place than the usual room temperature? I’ve the same bug with the Analog Four when I’m not in the studios for a few days. You need to turn off, wait 1 - 2 min. and try again (my solution). There is also a bug, if you use Overbridge and turn on more than one device at the same time, one of them freeze.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice, but my room temperature is not dropping and I am not using Overbridge. :frowning:

I tried it several times already, and now I try it the next day, everything hangs in the same place. The most offensive thing is that the performance is disrupted.((

And can you do test mode from the start menu? Or is it already freezing even before that?

I personally have no idea what else you could do. If anyone here had any other ideas they probably would have posted by now. If I were you I would contact Elektron support and set up a ticket.

Could be power supply related?
Many people include myself had trouble running DT with a ripcord 5 to 12volt converter cable from a powerbank
If the Amp too low DT hangs like in your case
I understand you use the original power supply but maybe try to test it’s output with a multimeter , could be a damaged power supply and that’s easy to get a new one

2 Likes

I have already written to the distributor, and I am waiting for an answer. Anyway, thanks for the info. :wink:

Tried powered by Analog Heat, everything is the same.

1 Like

hi @steeplechase, the distributor solved the problem? I’m in the same situation :frowning:

Lol same thing happened to me today also. What gives?

@steeplechase
@oriolcopons
Hi there,
I just came across this post. Just wanted to mention, I had this Problem several years ago with my OT MK1. Had to send it to Elektron twice. First time it came back, with the exact same problem. At the second time they fixed it. I think it had to do with the Power Management inside the box.

Hope I could help a bit. Tell me how it went.