Digitakt For Live Use

some tips i’ve heard from others

in case the shtf and laptop dies, power brick dies, etc. have a plan b, some people practice their tracks/sets recording each onto something such as a roland sp404sx which has 3 hours stereo sampling, just put a track/song on a button/s, 60 tracks/songs, worst case you screw up a pattern/song or something breaks you can bust out the backup temporarily or permanently so there’s no showstoppers

and bring headphones, your own mixer and direct box in case they have a sound guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing

1 Like

Doh! I just sold my SP404sx today

Had the Digitakt a couple of weeks. Just put out a live video sequencing a Circuit, Mininova, Volca Keys and FM with a KP3 for effects.

Really impressed with the results i’m getting already, i’m sure there are lots of tricks i haven’t found yet.

1 Like

Someone from support today said that the improved transfer app would be released around Sept/Oct & it will have the ability to ‘back up’ projects & samples.

5 Likes

That is great news

Looks like I’m in the market for another DT :wink:

1 Like

I’m hoping it will be possible to reorganise patterns / banks into brand new projects. Hard to imagine using DT for live work if you can’t rearrange stuff into one project / setlist.

2 Likes

That’d be mindless to not allow you to do that. But then again lol

Lets hope they follow through and fulfil its potential!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing since I started using DT extensively…
And I might just have something up my sleeve :wink: give me a week or two…

1 Like

“Alume” Did you achieve to build a liveset finally? Here is something i’ve done with the DT standing alone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaMncDapfU8

Nope I am still in the process of it all. Dont have to much time for music sadly

JOOOO MADDIIIIN! Hallo. Wollte nur mal eine Quelle meiner Inspiration grüßen :slight_smile: