Digitakt doesn't play after I change project

Hello I just bought the digitakt two days ago. When I go out of one project into another one and I press play nothing happens. I have to switch off and then on again the digitakt for me to play the play the loaded project. What am I doing wrong?

New projects dont have preoloaded samples in them so nothing will play out of them. You have to create your own music in a new project to play the music. You are basically opening a blank canvas when you open a new project.

I am aware of that. What I describe happens when I change projects. When I go out from one project into another of the already saved projects. Everything is like I programmed it just the sequence won’t start. Also the stop buttons light is open.

Are you waiting for the loading dialogue to stop before pressing play?
Is it always the same project it happens on or does it happen on all projects when switching?

When I open the digitakt everything works. When I then go to the menu and load a project
I press play the sequencer won’t start (also if I load the same project). Basically I need to switch project and restart the digitakt if I want to go in another project. It happens in all projects and I am waiting for the project to load (I am waiting till I see that the loading finishes based on the loading symbol up left)

New projects do have samples pre loaded , there’s one in each of the 8 internal audio track tracks.

It may not have sounds in the sound pool.
They don’t have pattern data but typically pressing play will make lights flash

I’d check settings for sync , unplug any external device and try that.

1 Like

So this doesn’t sound familiar as a bug that’s popped up in discussion on the forums. I would contact elektron support and send them a little video of it happening. They can confirm if it’s a bug or not.

4 Likes

Jefones thanks for the reply I will do that

1 Like

I found the problem it was happening because I had a midi cable plugged in the midi in.