Digitakt - Direct Monitoring (Audio)

Hi Forum,

is it possible to always monitor the audio signal?
I want to play synths while digitakt is playing
and always hear them. Then, when i want to,
sample them in between without stopping playback.
Can´t find anything on how to manage that :frowning:

Cheers and thanks for helping.

FFW

Go to sampling, choose monitor input, turn up the volume and go!
User manual page 48.

2 Likes

Yes you can.

Enable monitoring so you’ll always hear it then you can start recording instantly by pressing function + sampler button (|||). To stop recording press the same combo again.

Does it convert a stereo input signal to mono prior to monitoring? I am aware it records in mono

It appears the monitoring itself is in stereo. I can check it later, but I think its stereo when monitoring.

Thanks mate, and can the delay and reverb effects be applied to the stereo input signal when monitored?

No. It’s is very bare bones. But could be used as input when you don’t need to sample. It’s not perfect but better than nothing. At least you can sequence say a Blofeld and run the output back into the DT.

Cheers. Don’t own a DT hence all the questions. I know I should download and RTFM

1 Like

guys, thank you very much for helping out. it works as expected. thats a relief :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just for future reference and for people ending up in this thread to find out if monitoring is stereo… no it’s not!

Sampling as well as monitoring is mono… (left, right or left+right summed)

Would be nice if this was made clear in the manual… At least for me it wasn’t.

2 Likes

really? that would be a bummer! in fact, why would that be so?

Thanks for this info. So much for using the monitoring as an input. Unless mono is no problem of course.

Yeah huge limitation imo.
Was thinking of a DT as I need a portable audio interface and the drum sampler looks fun, but stereo monitoring of input signal would be required.
Wonder if that’s a software thing? and if so while you are at it can you add reverb / delay on input signal also :thup:

I really hope it’s software related otherwise they might just as well have put a single input on the device imho. Additional send to reverb and delay would be nice, but stereo monitoring is more important to me.

1 Like

I know the DT can’t sample/playback stereo samples, but I also found that the input signals can’t be monitoring in stereo.

I was thinking about using this inputs live as a mix stage for my A4 but the lack of stereo monitor of the passing signal just ruin it all.

Do you have the same behaviour in yours?

This is the way it is currently I believe, so no good if you want to monitor in stereo.

1 Like

Can I play Audio from second Synthesizer through the digitakt?

Aka

External in like analog four

Or like ot

Or md

?

On mobile

Thanks

Actually, you can even play 2 different mono signals through the L and R inputs if you wanted. Just make sure monitoring is turned on.

Just sitting in digitakt for 10 minutes and also bought a volca fm

Best fucking thing ever. …

My girlfriend took the volca and likes playing with that

She never touched a Synthesizer before

So now please please pretty please tell me how to hook the volca into the digitakt so I can jam with my sweetie

1 Like

You’ll need a 1/8" to 1/4" cable. Volca out into input L and/or R of the digitakt. Hit the “Direct” button, turn “mon” on (encoder H?) and make sure the inputs are set to EXT L, R, L+R (whichever way you have it plugged in).

3 Likes