Digitakt > Digitone = Hot Levels

I have a Digitakt connected to the in’s on the Digitone and from there into my computer. Problem is, I’m struggling a little with gain staging - the Digitakt comes in quite hot and often distorts and drowns out the Digitone. I’ve turned down the levels of the Digitakt to half way but it’s still pretty powerful.

The input levels on the Digitone are set to 100 and the master distortion is Off.

Anyone else struggling? Got any tips?

THX

1 Like

Hey!

I only use the INs with a microKorg. Mostly having the levels around 40 to avoid distortion. So this seems to be normal.

I find that about half way on the Digitakt master volume and about 60 on the Digitone input level (panned L and R) tends to do the trick.

Thanks for the tips - yeah, that sweet spot is elusive but when in doubt - turn it down :slight_smile:

i never go past 40 on the digitone input. , digitakt can then be turned up nicely with no problems

40! 60! lookout! These inputs have really high head room. I think unity gain is around 25-30, FYI. Also, make sure you pan the left in all the way left, and right in all the way right. Also also, be aware that the inputs are summed to mono before passing through the master FX, so you’ll lose any stereo effects from the DT.

3 Likes