Digitakt + DFAM + 0-Coast / Mother 32?

Hi Elektronauts, :wave:

Going for a hardware setup and I have to make a few choices.
For info, I’m oriented towards some textured techno/ambient kind of music.

About the gear, just got a Digitakt and a 0-Coast and ordered a DFAM and a Mother 32 to compare all of them.
I’m considering keeping the Digitakt for sequencing/sample playing, the DFAM as a weird textured drum machine (and it’s synth capabilities ?) and I have to make a choice between the 0-Coast and the Mother 32 for bass/drones/leads/more. Then link all of it in Ableton for audio effects, recording and post processing.

This is probably a matter of taste but I would be glad to hear your thoughts about those machines, if you know other synths I should consider or if you have ideas to improve my setup.

I hope this will also help others too.
Thanks for reading. :pray:

Good question - i have the same dilemma- i find the mm32 a bit basic at least in the videos i have seen so far

Yeah I’m jamming on the 0-Coast right now, it’s wave shaping tools make it a beast for creating interesting unconventional stuff but it’s quite difficult to get soft sounds out of it without FX like reverb/delay/filters.
I love it but I wonder if the Mother 32 is maybe a bit more versatile.

1 Like

I love o-coast - I think you can get amazing experimental sound- from what I haveI heard you can do more traditional sounds with mm32.

Where did you get the o-coast from? I cannot find in stock

Yeah I think so, I’ll tell you when I can compare both. :v:
I got it on Gear4Music but it was the last one.

Let me know, thanks

Previously on Elektronauts:

3 Likes

Thanks for the help mate, I changed my mind and got an Octatrack instead. :heat:

1 Like

Oh sorry you got the mm32?

Nope, cancelled the order and went on the Octatrack only road for the moment.
(will probably make a eurorack for sound design tho :loopy:)

1 Like

I am surprised - I wanted to get an OT but I am worried it is a bit obsolete - let me know how you find it-

OT+Euro is a blast.

1 Like

Is this your setup ?
I will probably try some granular / tape record stuff like Morphagene, Arbhar, Clouds …

I did have that setup and it was a dream. I actually had 2 OTs. I sold all my gear to buy cameras and lights to make a film about a year ago, thinking that I could just use all the great software I have to score it. I was wrong.

Just picked up a DT and lots of euro gear. If I was playing out I would absolutely prioritize getting another OT. Here’s a pick of my ol’ live rig.

1 Like

Nice spaceship mate. :heat:

1 Like