Digitakt demonstration by Cenk (13/6/2017)

No problem. I’ve watched it several times and I’ve learn’t something new every time.

If you’ve not seen it I can recommend this one as well : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b24h6Ggw0uo&t=1032s

2 Likes

Just watched it. Thanks, that was great.

I picked up a few little things, but also realised that I understand most of the functionality.

Overall, what I’m learning is that this device REALLY rewards experimentation. I was really just toying around last night with a single string sample, and through manipulation was able to create a whole world of different sounds from that one sound.

I think I’m going to try at some point to make an entire track from just one sound at some point - and I think this would be an excellent learning excercise for anyone wanting to get familiar with the possibilities of this unit. :nerd_face::sunglasses:

Happy exploring.

(And thank you Elektron, I can already tell that this is my kind of unit)

@Citizen Try sampling the inputs without plugging anything in. You’ll sample noise that way. Then use that to create an entire track. No sample needed :wink:
Happy exploring. It’s a great instrument.

2 Likes

I actually accidentally sampled some noise last night, and thought - ‘hmm, might grab some of that later.’

Might have a play with that tonight. Cheers Dave - I’ve been enjoying your dub tech Digitakt jams. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yep - I went and made a bunch of drum sounds from that noise this morning.

Hats, kicks, shakers, congas and rims/woodblocks were easy enough - but I wasn’t really happy with my attempt at a ‘snare’ or a ‘clap’ - just kind of sounded like a quick snatch of white noise! (Funnily enough!)

Any tips on getting some more perc sounds from the noise sample?

maybe try layer and resample ?