Digitakt config for CV.OCD

Been trying to get the Digitakt working with a CV.OCD and it works up to a point. I can trigger notes by striking keys on the Digitakt mapped to channels on the CV.OCD, but it doesn’t trigger from the sequencer. Mute is off. I can see that MIDI is being sent through to the CV.OCD at regular intervals as the blue LED flashes. I’ve tried changing the CV.OCD config without success. Is there anything in the Digitakt MIDI config I need to change to get this working with the sequencer? The Circuit I have has worked without a problem.

2 Likes

have you got the latest firmware on the cvocd?

I had issues with one of the earlier ones.

I’m declare myself guilty of OFF-TOPIC posting, but:

Man, that thread title / product name!

Every time I stumble upon it I have to think of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder in regards to CV (like “every control voltage needs to be exactly a whole number”) …

3 Likes

Have you got any results since 2019? I want to get into CV triggered units and I would love to see what was result, CV.OCD or SQ1?

SQ1. Preferred not to have a computer in the workflow.

I found this in my quest to bridge the gap https://youtu.be/KRiad2z31LQ. Do you disagree? Have you tried it ? Opinions?
By the way, thanks for the reply, nice to see DT users keeping the fire burning

that was my second thought, right after “COVID”

2 Likes

That CV Ocd has been sold out for ages :disappointed:

I just got the cv.ocd the other day hoping to use my Digitakt to control my eurorack. Absolutely no luck. I’ve looked at all the videos I could find on youtube for both this and the HexInverter Mutant Brain (which is a eurorack clone) and tried editing the sysex but to no avail. Can anyone help with this?

Can someone share what their midi settings on the Digitakt are or how they’ve configured the cv.ocd?

when I used it (once) it was pretty straight forward.

http://www.six4pix.uk/cvocd/manual.pdf

Maybe it’s better you write about your workflow / how you setup everything.

1 Like

I didn’t realize at first this was straight from the manual/the first setup I tried using. At this point I’ve tried nearly everything but my initial approach was to go from Gate 1 to the trigger input on my Dinky’s Taiko. I get sound but no decay, basically it turns the Dinky’s into an oscillator. I understand this likely has to do with sending a gate when the module’s expecting a trigger. I’ve also tried sending the same gate to Rings and to Lifeforms SV1 and in those instances I don’t even get sound.

I tried reconfiguring sysex according to the settings BoBeats used in his video on the mutant brain but there was no change.

In an effort to figure this out I’ve also tried changing the channel I’m using in the digitakt, still no success.

Make sure you are using the latest os for the cvocd. I had some issues with older versions.

1 Like