Digitakt Broken Screen

You see I have no experience of anything like this so its pretty daunting to open a £650 piece of gear.

I hear you! Horses for courses as they say. To be fair you’d need a small Allen key and a torx driver or bit, not the sort of tools most folks have laying around if they don’t dabble with something mech or elec.

You could hunt out a local tech if you don’t want to take it on yourself. You’d still be left with the warranty issue even if they damage something in the process. If you’re confident, have the tools, somewhere clean to work and a spare hour you could have a go yourself. It’s at the easier end of repairs/mods etc, just a bit of disassembly. Take your time and take photos/make notes if it helps.

1 Like

Yeah I hear you too man. But I am swaying towards it not being worth it for the scratch I have on the screen.

Its weighing up the tiny scratch compared to no DT?

I mean Im sure I could do it but what if I do fuck it up and a) it doesn’t work anymore b) its not covered.

If there was a way of taking it off without taking it apart id probably have a go at that…they did put this in their email too…

“We’ve seen examples of where it has worked to remove the screen window without taking the unit apart, by using a suction cup of some kind and pulling it out. This could work as well, but we always do it as instructed above.”

1 Like

Sound logic bud👍

I’d be more worried about scratching the front panel whilst trying to get some suction device attached to the cover! Strip down and do it the Elektron way if I had to!:see_no_evil:

It’s stuck on with an adhesive so it comes off quite easily. Do it slowly and with care and you should be golden. Then apply the same process for pasting the new screen and it will be good as new.

1 Like

Why not just get the new screen, put it in a drawer, and replace it down the road if you get more scratches or want to sell or whatever? If it’s a tiny scratch… who cares?

thanks - i’m hoping this will help me remove a dog hair thats got under my digitone screen! :dog:

1 Like

You all know if there still are this screen replacement this days? Thanks

DIY? Yes. From Elektron? Yes.

Hi all. I just want to confirm that it is still possible to order a screen cover directly from Elektron.
Most likely it’s only the plastic cover that gets cracked or broken.

I was able to do so. It cost me 10 euro for the screen + shipping (depends on your location)

The replacement was really easy and smooth :slight_smile:

Thanks to this thread for the idea. Cheers

1 Like