Digitakt Broken Screen

Hello guys!
Had an accident and dropped my gopro on top of my digitakt and cracked the screen a little bit. Can anyone tell me if it’s replaceable and if elektron does this kind of repairs?

Have a great weekend

You should contact Elektron support :tongue:

2 Likes

Can’t seem to find the link for it! Care to share it? Thanks for your response

Just found it but elektron say they don’t provide tech support via email. So i don’t understand the standard procedure to fix it

Go to elektron.se, click on the person icon on the top right. Create an account and from there you can create a “support ticket”…

3 Likes

Thanks Mike!

1 Like

Did you end up getting it fixed?

Hey There!

Elektron support answered promptly with different solutions to the problem. They can send over the new part so I can fix it myself

3 Likes

Can I ask how much the screen replacement cost? I’m looking at a digitone with a smashed screen online at the mo for a good price and am wondering what it would take to fix. Thanks!

1 Like

I wonder if the screen will be easy to replace in the future. I reckon the OLED screen will be the first part to wear out. Is it a common type of screen? Is there a video of someone opening up the box and examining the internals? I’d love to know how this thing is put together, not that it will look a lot different from any other modern piece of electronics.

The replacement was 50 with no shipping charge. It was quite easy to replace and elektron where quite diligent.

8 Likes

Hey,

When you say not difficult how difficult do you mean?

Did you replace the whole screen or just the glass?

Just the glass. The screen is covered by the glass which comes off quite easily.

Not hard to do

Did you have to take it apart or did you take it off from the outside?

Im asking as mine is scratched and elektron are sending another and they have given me instructions Im just not that keen on taking it apart.

Looking at my DN in front of me it looks like you’d just need to remove the knobs unscrew the front panel. All the buttons are ‘within’ the apertures of the front panel. The screen cover will prob just pop out of the front panel.

Bit more to it than that according to Elektron…

1. Disconnect the power supply and any other cables from the unit.
  2. Remove the encoder knob caps by pulling them upwards.
  3. Remove the 6 screws from the panel. You will need a Hex 2.0 mm driver for this.
  4. Open the unit up and take a photo of how the ribbon cables are connected to remember.
  5. Disconnect the ribbon cables by pulling the red contacts upwards and remove the user interface board (still attached to the panel).
  6. Put the user interface board on a soft surface with the panel facing down.
  7. Remove the 9 screws attaching the user interface board to the panel. You will need a Torx T10 driver for this.
  8. Carefully lift up the user interface board and put it down on a soft surface. Lift it in the edges and try not to touch the surface.
  9. Pick up the panel and push the scratched window out from behind.
  10. The new window comes with double adhesive tape and you will be able to push it in place either before or after assembling the unit again.
  11. When assembling the unit, don’t tighten the screws until they’re all in place and don’t tighten them too much.
  12. Fixed!
4 Likes

Doddle.:+1:

You think? Only issue is anything goes wrong it voids the warranty.

I’m used to dismantling gear and doing repairs. I do something similar in my day job too.

I was about to take my DN apart just to see how to do it before you posed the destructions. :+1: