Digitakt and CC/Send - should I be using these features?

Currently using the Digitakt to program drums and sequence synths (both Model D and software) via the Keystep. However i’m doing this in an extremely base way, essentially just programming chord progressions and tweaking everything on board with the synths.

The CC/Input pages are a mystery to me, and i’ve avoided them forever. Am I doing a disservice by not incorporating these features in to my workflow, or am I correct in thinking this is more for modular/euro type setups?

Once you set up the CCs, it allows you to save a MIDI ‘patch’ for the device on that MIDI track. This is saved along with the pattern information on the DT.
Occasionally recalling the ‘patch’ seems to require pressing the track’s trig button to force the stored settings, but it can be very useful.

Gotcha - just did a bit more research and looks like the Boog doesn’t take CC (instead it takes CV). I suppose I could buy a MIDI to CV converter, but might be easier to just get a Roland SE 02 instead. Seems like lots of cool options that way though!

1 Like

Used to have a Boog as well, but I think they wanted to keep it old school and the only MIDI cc it receives is Mod Wheel IIRC.
You might be able to send the MIDI to the Keystep and output the C.V., not sure/ too lazy to test.

Interesting! I can try this when I get home from my parents after this weekend :rabbit:

1 Like