Digitakt akai mpk mini plus transport sync?

Hello.

Can anyone help?

I can’t get my Digitakt to start my akai mpk mini plus sequencer or vice versa. Any way would do!

I have midi out Digi into mpk midi in and midi out mpk into Digitakt midi in.

I can play a sequence on mpk using sequence play on the mpk and it will play ext synth on the digitakt I just can’t get it to start with midi transport.

Mpk is receiving clock from Digitakt ok.

Transport send and receive ticked on Digitakt.

Any help gratefully received.

Ok so I used midi ox to do a bit more investigation.

So the digitakt sends transport start and stop messages just like you’d expect.

The MPK has both a sequencer start/stop and a midi transport start stop. The sequencer start/stop sends no midi when you press it and pressing transport start sends a value of 127 to cc number 117!

So at the moment I have a sequencer that can neither start or stop with an external trigger or start another device that’s waiting for a transport start stop. :frowning:

I have raised a helpdesk ticket with akai…

Hello!
The same thing… Elektron boxes can’t receive transport and clock from Akai MPK Mini Plus.
Did you receive an answer from Akai team? What did they said?

Yes they did answer and no the mpk mini plus sequencer can’t be started with midi transport start message and it can’t send one either :confused:

I check for updates on their website now and again but no luck.

For me the nice blue screen 8 pads and 8 rotary encoders outweigh the sequencer otherwise I think I would swap for a keystep 37.

1 Like

It’s pity…
And how you use rotary encoders with Elektron box?
I tried to use this knobs in their relative option and my digitakt filter freq jumps from fully open to fully close very quickly without intermediate positions.

In all honesty I barely remember because I don’t use them :joy:.

I think I set them up as level controls so I could use it like a mixer. Took me one play to realise I couldn’t parameter lock them and how great the digitakt is because it can lock cc changes.

I’ve actually used the pads more to tap out things which surprised me because I am no Dilla.

HI! the only way I was able to send trasport sync start/stop with mpk mini plus is to use the aum app on ipad.
the sync of mpk mini plus set to ext, I set the midi routing in aum in order to send the clock from aum to port 1 and 2 of mpk mini plus and map the start transport button of mpk on the play transport button of aum.
so everything is synchronized at startup from the mpk mini plus, but you have to go through PC or iPad, not standalone as I thought when I just purchased the mpk mini plus.
I also reported this more than a year ago to Akai support. I hope they update the firmware. This keyboard is fantastic but its standalone function is lost if you can only use its master clock without being able to play start with its traspost button.

1 Like