Digitakt 2: Looping

Hi all

Im trying to set up a looped sample, but am having issues.

I have the Digitakt set to Play Forward Loop playback, I have the envelope decay set to infinite and i have the trig length set to infinite but its still only triggering a small part of the loop. Also with this set up when I trigger the track with the loop on it but not sequence it runs forever with the only way to stop it being changing the setting to Play Forward and back to Play Forward Loop again.

With a looped play mode and infinite decay you should be set, don’t bother with trig length.
Are you using the one shot machine ?
Is the sequencer running and resetting the sample too quickly ? Any retrigs involved ?
Indeed with inifinte decay the loop won’t stop by merely stopping the sequencer. You can either double tap stop to hard stop all lingering sounds, or if you’re using the sequencer, work with a long (not infinite) decay and sufficiently long trigger lengths depending on how long the cycle is supposed to run.
Hope this helps.

The machine im using is Stretch since I want to tempo sync the loop.

I have ether the trigger once trig set or no trigs set. nether seems to help.

This is a Google Photo Album with a video and some pictures to show what’s going on https://photos.app.goo.gl/oSg3dkcBuB4uiBjW7

Ok so it seems the loop is resetting because it is being retriggered by your sequencer on the first step. You can set a trig condition on that step to only trigger at the first play (1st).

3 Likes