Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

So good this update.

When you talk about connecting a DT to a smart phone, does the update take into the possibility that transferring several samples ??
It may be in development.

et

Nope
Though you can play audio into digitakt and use usb audio as a source when sampling

Youā€™ll need camera connection kit on iOS.
Running digitakt into aum , processing it , triggering aum synths from midi tracks and feeding all that back to digitakt audio outputs in nice.

6 Likes

elektron transfer (to facilitate the flow of data, basically) can not work on a smart phone?

indeed - class compliant audio and midi via usb is distinct from that functionality you mentioned

2 Likes

No
Pc / Mac only

Is the class compliant audio 2/2 similar to the models or fully all the tracks (8 on DT and 4 on DN)?

Possibility to install Elektron transfer
only on Iphone

?

So ,

Have my 3 samples
in my smartphone and sequence them,
on my DT

(powered by my portable battery)

It can not be

?

Tks

stereo I/O

2 Likes

This, not 8 on DT. Also, any external input (L/R) on DT doesnā€™t seem to be sent as part of the 2/2, even when monitoring, which is a little bit disappointing.

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks! Wearing my Digihat tonight! Celebrate!

22 Likes

:frowning: real shame! Was hoping to ditch the desktop once and for all, I wonder if thatā€™s just a limitation of class compliant audio? (it would seem that way because overbridge works so itā€™s defo possible to have 8 tracks of audio over usb)
Audio monitoring on the DT seems to be a real sticking point compared to how it works on the DN.

Either way the other updates are awesome!

1 Like

Just got home, upgraded, and plugged my iPad into the DN. Effing amazing! Loaded up TAL-U-No-LX and trigged it from the DN. Audio out the main outs! Saves me from adding an interface for adding the iPad. This is just huge for me!

Mono legato with configurable note priority! :DDD

This just made my day/week/month!

11 Likes

My heart skipped a beat when the email came through, I thought it was an Octatrack update, still nice updates nonetheless :heart_decoration:

5 Likes

Well done thank you elektron!
If you had also implemented a second filter (bandpass) to the digitakt all my dreams would come true!!!
Still i really appreciate that you upgrade your machines and regularly refine them! This is also good marketing, because i know elekron is a company that cares about its customers!!

8 Likes

Good stuff!!! Thanks Elektron :3lektron: :alien:

1 Like

Step record and step preview are the biggies for me :+1:

8 Likes

No , there is not way to transfer the data of those samples to digitakt

However you could sample them into digitakt via audio leads
Or
If you have audio app like aum , you can use class compliant audio to sample into digitakt , digitakt can be selected as usb audio device in aum

But at this point there is no transfer app for iOS , you canā€™t drag a wav/aiff/mp3 to the digitakt

If you have a sample player like beatmaker you can trigger them via usb midi from digitakt , using you phone as a sampler.

3 Likes

iā€™ve been chipping away at some new tracks using the beta of this 1.20 DT update and the new features have made the it my go-to device. it all just comes together so easily now.

hereā€™s a snippet recorded on my iphone using the new class compliant audio :robot:

29 Likes

and something in there inspired directly by your thoughts here which came to mind (and the obvious need when you used PROB) - hopes that itā€™ll make all the devices are higher

4 Likes

Genial!!! Gracias Elektron !!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes