Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Wow, after a couple of days of working with the updates (I have both the DT and DN), I am having a GREAT time.

With all those bug fixes, so many little annoyances are just … gone.

And some of the new features are just cracking. Step recording and probability are a couple of my favorites right now, adding some serious new life to older tracks and making me creatively rethink my approach for new stuff.

Plus, with both the MIDI loop bug fixed and PROB added to the mix, I find myself not reaching for my RK cable. Yeah, I know Euclidean rhythms are a different beast, but I’m finding a good balance between direct control of individual trig probability and track/pattern level probability to get a lot of cool variety.

Next up, I’m going to experiment with using MIDI tracks looped back as an additional trigger source and use PROB on both the audio and MIDI tracks to blend different patterns dynamically.

If I can map a control to drive a prob value on one track and an inverse of that value on another, the pattern crossfade possibilities are very exciting to me.

That idea just came to me, now I’m going to run off and try it.

6 Likes

Ah yes unfortunately it’s for incoming usb audio only…

1 Like

It says:

No?

It’s for audio sent to the DN/DT from the USB host (and played through the outputs on the device), rather than the audio generated by the DN/DT.

1 Like

I checked now and I assume we are talking about the input volume being too low when using class compliant audio with an iPad. In Settings > System > USB Config there is the option to choose USB Audio/Midi. This is noticeably louder than choosing the USB Midi option. I’m using Audio Share and it’s the input going into the app that gets louder.
(Mine was set to USB Midi)

Yeah duh, but is there somewhere that explains JUST the updates?

You mean like the second post in the thread?

7 Likes

Yes, and all the posts that users have contributed on the many threads on these features. It’s self explanatory imho, so it’s a bit unreasonable to “duh” a reply from an Elektron employee. We’re grateful for any contribution from the inside so let’s not put them off from contributing by engaging with that kind of tone @Grunvald, that way we all benefit and if you ask nicely you’re more likely to get a response in kind. Thanks for understanding :thup:

11 Likes

I didn’t understand your comment as that you only wanted descriptions on the updates singled out. From time to time users don’t seem to find the manuals at all so I just wanted to make sure that you knew that they are updated.

If you want to check an overview of only the updates I’d recommend the post @pselodux linked to, and if you want to read about the updates in the manuals I’d recommend going through the release notes and cross checking what is mentioned there with the manuals.

And as bonus material, this video goes through many of the features:

13 Likes

Just been testing the new 1.30 update. Love it! If your ears were nerdy enough the digitone always sounded like one synth, now it sounds like many. Digitone just entered God mode.

4 Likes

Legato envelopes! YES! All you acid fans are going to go stupid over this.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna make some futuristic FM acid with it for sure :smiley:

1 Like

Wasn’t the probability condition there before the update ? If it’s something else, can someone explain the difference to me ?

It’s explained already in the second post. Plus discussed a lot elsewhere.

Probability is a new track level dynamic and unlockable chance parameter. % TRCs are trig level and lockable and those (any TRC) take priority

5 Likes

Thanks ! Sorry I didn’t take a good look at your post there.

1 Like

Any way to see the name of the sound loaded from the sound browser to a track? Can see the sample name from the sample list under SRC but not the sounds name… Chosing a new track and a new sound selects the latest used sound…
Cheers.

Hold down track button

1 Like

https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Digitakt_OS1.20_readme.html

https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Digitone_and_Digitone_Keys_OS1.30_readme.html

Could you elaborate? I don’t get how it can be more acid with that. :content:

1 Like

Only lights up 1-16 Buttons and highlights SMP1 when on track 1.