Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

still Elektron can’t get it to send midi data out from the Arpregiator ? what an embarrassing story. I just don’t understand it.

IMO trig preview is the most significant workflow upgrade to the elektron sequencer since the OT was released 10 years ago. It’s something that’s always bugged me a little about working on these boxes, especially since I like to use all 4 pages.

agree, chance would be better if it affected all conditional trigs too except for 100%.

4 Likes

A bit late to the game and I didn’t have time to install the update yet, but this is an incredible list of added features. Thank you, elektron!
Trig preview is such a nice feature I was used to from the op-z, glad to see it’s also on the DN now :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How do we use those new updates? Is there a manual for something?!

Sure, the manuals on the support pages are updated. :ecstatic:

4 Likes

THANKS !!! NOTE TRIG PREVIEW IN STEPEDITOR MODE

So next step will be OB porting to iOS :stuck_out_tongue: (or maybe that multitrack live parameter FX looper ;)) Next up, a series of Elektron iOS apps to enhance all the Devices for live performance?

1 Like

(next move: going to get an iPhone !!!) Looking forward to seeing (making) those dedicated DT/DN TouchOSC apps !!! (and using some great ones already out there) Full control of all parameters for maximum sound design/live control (+ external sequencing? that SONG mode :wink: per project ofcourse)

1 Like

If it’s just for music use I’d look into getting an iPad - the basic model, or a second hand older one, should be fine. There are a lot of apps that are iPad only, and it’s a more enjoyable interface to use. But if it’s for your phone as well then killing two birds with one stone of course makes sense :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Disabling Transport is something I have wanted from day 1. So glad to have it!
Trig preview was really needed, especially on the Digitone. Pretty convenient.

Chance for the whole track is what makes me really happy with this update: since Model:Cycles I have used it a lot, it makes Trig Condition very accessible!

Can’t say enough how happy I am ^^

10 Likes

Love the updates: crazy! Hoping the ‘scrub sample selection’ will be added in a future update as well :wink: (Sorry, it seems so ungrateful to ask for even more) Awesome job !!!

(Sample something nice, Set start/end marker + move/scrub this selection around using another knob dial e.g ‘G’) e.g. doing some breakbeat/jungle kind of stuff saving/bouncing down 1/4 parts, keeping selections equal in length or just quick Scrubbing around for nuggets… etc

Never mind, it’s something else I’m after. All good thou. New update rocks

1 Like

On the digitakt, which encoder settings did they change the sensitivity on?

I just sent mine in for a jumpy encoder repair, and it was only ever a problem on a few settings (like choosing midi channel on the midi pages)

Wow I didn’t notice that. Super useful!

Hello Iv’e just received the DK an hour ago it had 1.20 installed so I just updated now to 1.30
I seem to have a problem.

1 - Encoder G if I turn the knob slowly for fine tune it jumps but never gets past a few cents
2 - Same encoder pressed down turning clockwise it goes from 127 to 0 turning anti clockwise goes from 0 to 127

Anyone else have this issue?

Submit a support ticket for Elektron

1 Like

Thanks! I should’ve realised that when I was reading other stuff where folk do the hack mute by triggering and holding the key. The other tip you mention is a more than able alternative - sacrificing one track isn’t too much of a hardship unless writing using only the DN.

2 Likes

Did Elektron tell you this was a hardware issue? Because if it was only jumpy on a few pages… and the MIDI selection is ultra ultra sensitive on the 3 different Digitakts I’ve used, it’s not a hardware issue, just how the software operates. Hope you didn’t ship it away for no reason.

Yeah, encoder A was legit having an issue, it would jitter around when I wasn’t touching it on other pages, like tuning on src. But it was only a huuuge issue on the midi channels haha. Still, midi/program channels were hard to select with other encoders, and nearly impossible with the bad encoder A.

1 Like

Did anyone get the “Input L+R” working on the Digitakt to transfer audio via USB (not overbridge) to a PC or iPad? (by connection an other audio source to the inputs of the digitakt)

I can route audio from the PC and iPad to the Digitakt just fine via USB.

I wanted to use the Digitakt as an ADC for the iPad … so I can record the Analog Four with the iPad.