Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Yeah, encoder A was legit having an issue, it would jitter around when I wasn’t touching it on other pages, like tuning on src. But it was only a huuuge issue on the midi channels haha. Still, midi/program channels were hard to select with other encoders, and nearly impossible with the bad encoder A.

1 Like

Did anyone get the “Input L+R” working on the Digitakt to transfer audio via USB (not overbridge) to a PC or iPad? (by connection an other audio source to the inputs of the digitakt)

I can route audio from the PC and iPad to the Digitakt just fine via USB.

I wanted to use the Digitakt as an ADC for the iPad … so I can record the Analog Four with the iPad.

Digitakt inputs are not routed to main out via USB.

4 Likes

You know, at the risk of doubling down on your hyperbole I think you might be right. It’s definitely a eureka moment as it seems like such a simple idea that it’s baffling that it’s such a recent innovation… for years I’ve just been letting patterns loops and making tweaks to plocks as they come around and absently mindedly accepting that’s just how it works. Which, as you say, for a 4 page pattern (especially with conditional trigs) can be so slow.

I’d imagine that this might make an appearance in future firmwares for other boxes - though really you wouldn’t expect it for the silver boxes (though maybe the intrepid adveturers who’ve released the unofficial firmware for the MD will be inspired… fingers crossed).

8 Likes

FIXED! Multi-outs in Logic werk!

I know there’s another thread for this…just a heads up. installed, tried it…werks! :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

this is so great!

4 Likes

I see, good that you’re getting it fixed!

I’m I the only one having issues with the MIDI tracks on DT? Or am I just missing something obvious.

In Live Rec modes the trig length records as I play with the internal keyboard, but when I play with external MIDI keyboard the trig length is locked to the selected length from the TRIG page (as in Step Rec mode).

Then again in Step Rec mode the DT doesn’t register anything played from external keyboard, only when playing with the internal keyboard. At least according to manual external MIDI keyboards should be supported in Step Rec mode.

You need to set your external midi controller to the same channel as the DT’s Auto Channel for it to work correctly. So either change the Auto Channel or the controller’s output channel so they match.

2 Likes

Thanks! So it was an obvious thing after all :grinning:

1 Like

Not so obvious to me either! Had to ask too :slight_smile:

Yeah it is now so much easier and enjoyable to work with sound- and parameter locks.

1 Like

Loving this update so much! Seriously, I feel like the DN was great before, but this update elevates it to a UI/UX work of art. Very elegant machine, and using it is so fast and liquid. I’m sure the DT is similar. Elektron should be proud. Killer job everyone!

4 Likes

I found the reason for the audio cut/disconnect on IOS. As soon as you send a Midi Clock signal from IOS to the Digitone the audio will be cut after 1 - 10 minutes. It does not matter where the Midi Clock comes from, I tried AUM, Audiobus, Midi Link Sync every time within 10 min the audio would drop out. I ran 20 min sessions without midi clock where I sent midi from Digitone to IOS and the other way around and no audio cut. I opened a support ticket with Elektron so hopefully they can fix it.

As workaround you can send the Midi Clock from DN to IOS and use the app MIDI Link Sync and set it to receive Midi Clock from DN and when you start this clock it will generate a Ableton Link signal which then can sync with AUM. I tried this out also for 20 minutes and no audio drop.

10 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it and the way I imagine this would require the new probability to use another “box” than the existing trig condition. There are two unused on the page but maybe they are planned for other things.

I took me time to wrap my head around that, but I believe it could work this way: a separate probability property at 100% as a default, when taken down affects the whole sequence as it is heard.

In that model, the chance Plocks from old documents would be moved to Plocks of that new probability property. So these locks would remain unaffected by the track’s global probability, but every other deterministic trig condition would. Hope I could make this understandable :blush:.

Anyway, just dreaming aloud. I can still make music the way it is! :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe I missed something, but still no way to change octaves in order to play all ranges in DN Multi Map edit mode? (Possible with A4)
I can play the first octave range only (C0-C1).

Btw I tried “Soundpool record”, really cool.

3 Likes

Yes. I counted 65 trig condition types. I guess enough place for more… A special Prob mode for almost all trig conditions should be doable.

1 Like

What is it? If you have time to explain. I didn’t have time to go through all the new things.

You open the sound pool browser and in live record mode twist the data knob while you play the keys, and the sound which the cursor was on at the moment you pressed each key will be locked to that step.

6 Likes

Absolutely agree. A major step forward and so welcome.

Likewise, if they would add the ability to loop a single page, that would also been a huge productivity and workflow enhancement. Hopefully this could also come soon to progress further the legendary @Elektron sequencer.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks!

1 Like