Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

as was I - but 100% is more useful to more folks who like their fill !

2 Likes

This is a good upgrade! Well done!Can’t wait to test them out on both devices.

I internally giggled :face_with_hand_over_mouth: for the fact that nobody mentioned that they still not implemented Song mode.

This update is awesome! Hopefully you can use the random in conjunction with the trig conditions.

3 Likes

So can we use CTR-AL for Chance Condition for breakdowns and fills. Like if the chance condition % decreases at the end of a pattern, more and more notes will be muted at that time? Am I understanding this correctly?

Chance is a track condition, not trig condition?

4 Likes

Yes - you can effectively remove all trigs if none have a TRC already in which case they are not affected by PROB

6 Likes

Great update!
Class compliant audio sounds like a step in the right direction. But I need the individual tracks as outputs :confused:
Overbridge is not an option for me on Linux. If resources are a problem: The single outputs from the DN/DT without the inputs from the host and maybe even without the master sum would be sufficient in most cases.

OB for Linux (sorta ;) for getting all the outputs, inputs and master sum on Linux (or older Mac OS X)

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This is a huge game changer in both machines, thanks for finally delivering so many requested functions in one update.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m aware of this but it’s far away from being stable. (I’m speaking of the kernel module here) I actually invested quite some time in the last two weeks to get started in Linux Kernel development and to reverse engineer the Overbridge USB traffic in order to help with the development. Now I’m very uncertain whether my time is worth investing in this since it could become obsolete with further updates. And I suspect droelf could think alike…

1 Like

Sure, I definitely had the same thought :slight_smile: sorry for not seeing you in that thread before.
dtdump works very well for my current use-case, no need for the kmod right now.

This is definitely a very welcome update, some super cool features.

1 Like

Much :heart: to Elektron, the last two updates have realy taken the DT to the next level

1 Like

So the only thing that is still not possible: record pitchbend, breath, modwheel and aftertouch, right?

So other than that the boxes are now perfect! Thank you!

5 Likes

Does anyone know with the new update if I could use a DT as a sound card now for my iPad running Quantiloop, (or potentially any other audio mangling app) so I could theoretically send DT audio inputs (My guitar) into QL, and then QL outputs back into DT to sample, along with midi received at the DT input (a foot pedal to control QL in my case) whilst also playing normal DT sequences
This would make my setup a lot more streamlined if so.

2 Likes

Does this update fix the behavior where sequence changes over MIDI (to effectively do an external “song mode”) were triggering too early or late? I haven’t tried this yet since I heard it wasn’t working correctly, but I’m curious if that was fixed.

Otherwise, this seems amazing. Thanks, Elektron!

I don’t have neither of those machines but this update really looks to be a huge one!
As an OT owner im happy with screensaver! :slight_smile:

Not

5 Likes

Amazing updates! Really wasn’t ever expecting such an extensive list of changes, but I’m genuinely excited, will really breathe new life into my DT - biggest one for me is the FUNC+YES which will make the sample chopping I love to do so much more fun!

About this one:

:large_blue_diamond: Prevented MIDI feedback problems that could occur when pressing [STOP] twice

Does this mean MIDI loopback with a standard MIDI cable will be possible??

2 Likes

So this is now finally possible:

DT audio tracks > AUM > AUv3 FX > DT audio OP
&
Drambo midi > AUM > DT midi parameters
&
DT midi > AUM > AUv3 (miRack etc) > DT audio OP

via one USB cable and an iPad.

Absolute gamechanger…

14 Likes

Trig Condition 100% got added to override the new chance probability per step (a step with /FILL may still not sound if chance rules the trig out).

Update: I missed that trig conditions override chance. Sorry.

1 Like

I see alot of ipads with DT, are there any good android music apps for pairing with DT?
Since a galaxy tablet is alot cheaper than an ipad

Prob ignores all TRCs so 100% TRC or not fill should be safe

2 Likes

Haha, we OT owners are a little jealous…

4 Likes