Digitakt 1.20 : Bug reports

Conditional trigger NOT PRE sometimes triggers when the previous note does,which is exactly not what I want.

I usually have the previous on a percentage like 43% but it still triggers both of them occasionally.

Positive retrig VEL values don’t seem to work as intended. Negative VEL creates a fade out effect (100% -> 0% at -127), as per instructions. However, any VEL value between 0 and 127 seems to just create a constant-level stutter instead of a fade-in. Anyone else encounter this?

edit: never mind, found a solution! To do a fade-in, set a positive retrig VEL, and then (critical part) edit that trigger’s own VEL in TRIG menu to some lower value

using the sound browser does not allows you to preview the sounds via external midi keyboard…
it only seems to allow you to preview the first sound only, then doesnt change
you must press func + yes to preview unlike DN/AR/AF

1 Like

Set a scale to ‘16/16 1/8x OFF 16’ and place a trig on step [3], it will sound on step [1], even if it should only play step [1] and step [2].

See: https://youtu.be/bYjrx7JpI6c

Also micro timing of step [3] is on ‘on track’ and if you ‘delay’ with micro timing, it plays also later on [1].

Firmware 1.20A .

I would imagine it has something to do with the relationship between master length and track scale, a track scale of 1/8x requires a master length that is 8x longer in order to play all 16 steps in the track, so after 16 master length steps only 2 have played on the 1/8x scale track. The microtiming is probably effected as the precision has been reduced by the same amount.

Just tried on my DT with a new pattern, and same happens here - trig 3 fires when there’s no trig on step 1. No microtiming involved.

Doesn’t happen on my AK using the same settings.

Have you sent to support?

Setting Length to 2/16 will ‘disable’ the trig on 3. But when it’s set to 16/16, you see trig 1 and 2 alternate, so it never comes at 3. Also it doesn’t fire when set on 4 …

Yes I have. Ticket #50943 .

edit: bug confirmed by Elektron and also found on the Digitone. It’s send to development :smiley:

1 Like

Out of interest what was the use case for your example, are you reducing a longer track down that already has step 3 occupied?. To me a track set to 1/8x scale with a master length of 16 will only play 2 steps before looping so the 3rd step should be ignored.

Yes, the step 3 should be ignored but it doesn’t, but it’s the same if set to 1/4, step 5 will play on step 1.

For me the use case is having a very slow track, compared to the others to create ‘events’ in my modular system. For instance changing the root note of a sequence or introducing a trigger to play an effect. It is also present on the midi tracks.

1 Like

I was more interested in why you would have trig 3 occupied when the loop point is 2 trigs, or in general why have more track steps than the master length will allow to play, are you changing the master step length on the fly or is there another reason why you cant just remove the 3rd step?.

Ah, I found it by accident. I was exploring the capabilities of slowing down a track independently of others, so I turned down the track scale with still a trig present on 3 from an ‘a higher’ scale.

As a comparison, if you turn down the length to 15. It will not play and even not accept a trig on 16.

Yes, I ‘just’ can also turn down the length to 2 or remove the trig, but it’s a bug that it plays it right?!
I just filed a bug, I’m not complaining or anything.

1 Like

I get that it is a bug, it was the situation that caused it that was throwing me, adding or retaining a 3rd note trig in a 2 step sequence is unusual use.

MIDI THRU BUG
MIDI THRU swallows long sustained chords (probably longer than single page / pattern) when a grid record is enabled and a trig is being held. This happens when trig is being held on sample tracks! Short MIDI notes go through, it’s just the long ones that are swallowed.