Digitakt 1.11 : Bug reports

Please make a support ticket on Elektron’s website so that they can track down the issue.

Noticed something odd yesterday, I had a track with a sample on trig 1 playing every pass and wanted some filter movement every other pass so I added a yellow lock to trig 2, microtimed it back to meet the note trig and added a 1/2 condition. The problem is it will only apply the lock the first time through then nothing, just like a 1st condition, anyone have any experience with this?.

I think you need a second yellow lock to reset the initial condition.

1 Like

I’m still using the beta6 version of 1.11 so this may have already been addressed but I’ve noticed when I am playing/recording trig inputs in chromatic mode using ‘live record’ and un-quantized playing back a chained sequence I will get random re-triggering of notes as I’m playing.

I don’t know if that is a hardware issue or a software issue as it seems to be the same note that I just played so maybe it’s just some glitch of the button? But I didn’t see it mentioned in this thread so maybe it was addressed already in the update but it does seem to do it randomly and the notes it triggers don’t get recorded.

Don’t know if I missed it, but couldn’t see this bug above -

MIDI tracks are obviously always labelled A-H, rather than 1-8, throughout the Digitakt’s UI and documentation, to avoid confusion with the audio tracks.

On the track scale page (FUNC + PAGE), MIDI tracks are instead referred to as tracks 1-8, rather than by letter. This made me double take a couple of times about the track I’d selected and is a potential source of confusion.

Do we know if Elektron are reading this, or should we email the bugs? To where if so?

Thanks

Ben

2 Likes

Not sure if mentioned yet, but I couldn’t find it.

(With a sequence playing) when a track with trigs is pressed and held (triggered via button - track or chromatic mode) while being muted, when it is unmuted, the trigs will remain in a mute state (despite being unmuted) until the track is pressed again (triggered via button - track or chromatic mode).

Is this a bug or a feature I missed? It doesn’t seem to have any value.

At our session last night we would record midi into the DT, and keep the sequencer rolling the whole time.

Then when we would go back and press play, the whole thing would be WAY out of sync - and I mean badly.

Well I think I figured it out, if others can reproduce.

If you change pattern length while the sequencer is running the pages can be out of sync.
Which means if you record notes that sound right, they will get shifted next time you press play - it’s quite aggravating!

To reproduce this:

1. Set Midi-A to 64 steps, and Midi B to 16 steps
  2. Record a 64 step pattern on Midi A - Anything that you can tell has an end. I used a scale going up.
  3. Start the sequencer by pressing [PLAY], and make Midi-B the active track
  4. While the sequencer is running, set Midi-B to 64 steps ( [FUNC] + [PAGE], then [PAGE] 3 times, then [YES])
  5. Record a similar scale to what you hear playing on Midi-A
  6. Press [Stop] then [PLAY] and if you reproduced the problem, you’ll hear the 2 tracks way out of sync even though you played them in sync.

I don’t know if this is simply a known behavior or a bug in my setup, but it can really mess with your mind!

The work around is to never change pattern length while the sequencer is running, if you plan to record new notes/trigs.

Best regards,

Gino

Just noticed if I rename a pattern with the & symbol, once I save it the pattern name changes it to a % symbol

Does someone else recognize this issue: No sound in sample mode by pressing func-yes in order to audition recording and trim when in channels 9 to 16 (midi)

I was sequencing external gear by DT midi and sampling it’s output. When finished recording i tried to audition but it didn’t work. Tried everything without succes untill i switched to track 1. Not a very big deal but worth mentioning imo. Perhaps this isn’t a bug with 1.11 but just design.

Not a bug, normal behavior.

Thx. I had not ran in to this before and was afraid my unit broke. Kept hitting func -yes. Restart my unit etc.
A little message on display would have been nice.

No need for a message, now you know and it’s also in the manual.

1 Like

One bug I am still experiencing from time to time is that after saving a sample and returning to the sampling screen, all of the controls are gone, just the sample waveform is visible - until you exit this screen and re-enter it again:

Another visual bug, still present since the very early firmware versions, is that the sample waveform in the sampling screen will sometimes display either a high peak or a gap when there is nothing like that in the actual sample, and is thus misleading:

is that not the loop point?

Welcome to The Matrix! :slight_smile:

No, these are not loop points, actually you don’t set loop points in the sampling/recording screen, you set the trim start/end points, and in this very case they are not even adjusted yet (as you can see at the top left and top right views). This is a bogus peak that appears where the sample is totally silent.

Hello, first time poster here, I saw this issue had been experienced by other users back in 2017! Am I crazy or this is still a problem?

Basically I’m sending midi CC messages via MIDI track A to one of my synths (Monologue) and I’ve set the LFO of that MIDI track A to change the value of the CC command I’m targeting.
Although when I mute MIDI track A it still affects my synth, the only way I found to go around that is to turn off the MIDI source channel via the SRC tab but it’s dumb.

Anybody know if this bug got fixed? I have OS 1.11

Originally experienced by this user - Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

This is expected behaviour. You extend pattern B when in reference to to pattern you are not at the first bar. It can mess with your mind but take a pen and paper and draw one line that is 4 bars and under that a line that is 4x 1 bar. Then extend one of them to 4 bars and you will see what it going on :slight_smile:

Set the reset parameter to the same amount of steps as your longest pattern and they will sync up. This is what this is for.

2 Likes