Digitakt 1.11 : Bug reports

Not sure if this is intended but sound locks don’t change the visual waveform display with the step held down to edit or when playing altough the start and end are relative to the locked sound.

The SAMP destination sometimes does not appear in the list of lfo destinations on an audio track. I see only FILT and AMP parameters. I am not sure what causes this. It will reappear if I switch to a new pattern, then switch back with the DEST menu open and a SAMP parameter selected. It appears on the original pattern, but the menu is jumpy and SAMP disappears when its closed.

Anyone experienced this before?

I have had the exact thing happening, but not always! Sometimes it works fine. Usually if I make the combo press very quickly it does the flashing/rotate thing, but if I hold the buttons longer (so that the values show) it sticks with page that it was on. Cant say for sure when it started since I have used the mixer page extensively only few months now. Really annoying, specially on live…

I had the same a while back, then i concluded my digitakt was on overbridge mode. and that fixed it.

I have exactly the same isue as this, can’t get program change to work when changing a pattern or starting sequencer. It changes fine when manually turning the knob but doesn’t respond at all from any pattern change. I hope this can be fixed or I’m going to have to roll back, which is a shame, as I’m really finding the new features in 1.11 useful.

So yeah, program change seems broken, don’t Elektron test these things before release?

m

Hello,
Has anyone experienced/able to experience this issue (as I am)…
Any Pattern with “pattern scale” set to “per track” and has 1/2 scale will reset the pattern after the master length has been reached. By reset, I mean the pattern restarts to the 1st trig after roughly 1 step after the master length has been reached. This only happens the first run through the pattern length. The sequence reset shouldn’t be there and throws the Digitakt out of sync with slave devices (such as the RYTM). This issue even happens when the Digitakt is being used in stand alone mode with no midi cables connected.

Example pattern with these issues:
*** Patten scale with to “Per Track”**
*** All track lengths = 32/32**
*** All track scales = 1/2x**
*** All CH.LEN = OFF**
*** Master Length = 64**

Please help, some of my best patterns will reset and thus the groove is destroyed!

(I’m using in OB mode with macOS, Bitwig)

1. Frequent glitches!! Somehow the connection slows down, tracks slow down and glitches with pops and clicks for a second or two, then it comes back. This is so annoying and make it hard to work. Anyone else has the same problem?

2. Digitakt stops responding to anything and needs restart. Screensaver works as expected, goes black and comes back when you press a button. BUT sometimes, when I’m using the Digitakt via Overbridge (and also from the hardware), it stops responding to any physical button or knob. I continue using it via OB VST but I have to restart the Digitakt everytime that happens. So irritating.

3. On the Mixer page, [PARAM] + [NO] doesn’t reset the volume parameter of the tracks.

I have noticed that when RAM in a project is FULL sometimes during playback there will be a really loud distorted buzz sound, happens only when ram is full.

Finally found out what was causing this:

Double tapping the stop button causes LFOs which modulate CC values to freeze.

Double tap the stop button, the device is freeze.
when sending midi to self. MIDI X -> Track X.

If you restore projects via SysEx, and those projects have sound pool entries, they can be lost on power cycle if you don’t explicitly save and restore the project.

I found the problem while testing elk-herd, but it can happen if you use just normal SysEx dumps.

Details in post #66 here. Ticket filed.

3 Likes

Not a bug , this is an issue with midi loop
See threads about midi loop and the retro kits cable if you want to control digitakt / digitone using its own midi tracks.

Anyone noticed samples dissapearing from patterns after os 1.11?, I was going over some older projects recently and found the odd track or two with sequencing data but no sample in the slot, like its been unloaded but it definitely has’nt and I am sure they were intact when 1.08(my previous os) was installed.

1 Like

I don’t even know how did I do it

1 Like

You’re in the matrix, party on!

Haha, to be honest not funny, because when I turned on my digi, I noticed that the last 4 patterns are gone. Also I don’t have my samples that I loaded in the same session…

Ah I see, hopefully you’re able to retrieve the patterns and at that point the partying can resume.

Not really, but I’m not dissapointed, because I made something better :)) but I would love to know what was that. It looks like some kind of memory error to me

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitone-digitone-keys-1-21-bug-reports/96850/9?u=tagaz

Memory Issues.

If you fill the DT with samples (so it registers that it cannot load any more), and then unload all of the samples - it will not let you load a new sample unless you do a power cycle. Hardly a deal breaker but thought I’d mention…