Digitakt 1.11 : Bug reports

Hello,
Has anyone experienced/able to experience this issue (as I am)…
Any Pattern with “pattern scale” set to “per track” and has 1/2 scale will reset the pattern after the master length has been reached. By reset, I mean the pattern restarts to the 1st trig after roughly 1 step after the master length has been reached. This only happens the first run through the pattern length. The sequence reset shouldn’t be there and throws the Digitakt out of sync with slave devices (such as the RYTM). This issue even happens when the Digitakt is being used in stand alone mode with no midi cables connected.

Example pattern with these issues:
*** Patten scale with to “Per Track”**
*** All track lengths = 32/32**
*** All track scales = 1/2x**
*** All CH.LEN = OFF**
*** Master Length = 64**

Please help, some of my best patterns will reset and thus the groove is destroyed!

(I’m using in OB mode with macOS, Bitwig)

1. Frequent glitches!! Somehow the connection slows down, tracks slow down and glitches with pops and clicks for a second or two, then it comes back. This is so annoying and make it hard to work. Anyone else has the same problem?

2. Digitakt stops responding to anything and needs restart. Screensaver works as expected, goes black and comes back when you press a button. BUT sometimes, when I’m using the Digitakt via Overbridge (and also from the hardware), it stops responding to any physical button or knob. I continue using it via OB VST but I have to restart the Digitakt everytime that happens. So irritating.

3. On the Mixer page, [PARAM] + [NO] doesn’t reset the volume parameter of the tracks.

I have noticed that when RAM in a project is FULL sometimes during playback there will be a really loud distorted buzz sound, happens only when ram is full.

Finally found out what was causing this:

Double tapping the stop button causes LFOs which modulate CC values to freeze.

Double tap the stop button, the device is freeze.
when sending midi to self. MIDI X -> Track X.

If you restore projects via SysEx, and those projects have sound pool entries, they can be lost on power cycle if you don’t explicitly save and restore the project.

I found the problem while testing elk-herd, but it can happen if you use just normal SysEx dumps.

Details in post #66 here. Ticket filed.

3 Likes

Not a bug , this is an issue with midi loop
See threads about midi loop and the retro kits cable if you want to control digitakt / digitone using its own midi tracks.

Anyone noticed samples dissapearing from patterns after os 1.11?, I was going over some older projects recently and found the odd track or two with sequencing data but no sample in the slot, like its been unloaded but it definitely has’nt and I am sure they were intact when 1.08(my previous os) was installed.

1 Like

I don’t even know how did I do it

1 Like

You’re in the matrix, party on!

Haha, to be honest not funny, because when I turned on my digi, I noticed that the last 4 patterns are gone. Also I don’t have my samples that I loaded in the same session…

Ah I see, hopefully you’re able to retrieve the patterns and at that point the partying can resume.

Not really, but I’m not dissapointed, because I made something better :)) but I would love to know what was that. It looks like some kind of memory error to me

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitone-digitone-keys-1-21-bug-reports/96850/9?u=tagaz

Memory Issues.

If you fill the DT with samples (so it registers that it cannot load any more), and then unload all of the samples - it will not let you load a new sample unless you do a power cycle. Hardly a deal breaker but thought I’d mention…

Please make a support ticket on Elektron’s website so that they can track down the issue.

Noticed something odd yesterday, I had a track with a sample on trig 1 playing every pass and wanted some filter movement every other pass so I added a yellow lock to trig 2, microtimed it back to meet the note trig and added a 1/2 condition. The problem is it will only apply the lock the first time through then nothing, just like a 1st condition, anyone have any experience with this?.

I think you need a second yellow lock to reset the initial condition.

1 Like

I’m still using the beta6 version of 1.11 so this may have already been addressed but I’ve noticed when I am playing/recording trig inputs in chromatic mode using ‘live record’ and un-quantized playing back a chained sequence I will get random re-triggering of notes as I’m playing.

I don’t know if that is a hardware issue or a software issue as it seems to be the same note that I just played so maybe it’s just some glitch of the button? But I didn’t see it mentioned in this thread so maybe it was addressed already in the update but it does seem to do it randomly and the notes it triggers don’t get recorded.

Don’t know if I missed it, but couldn’t see this bug above -

MIDI tracks are obviously always labelled A-H, rather than 1-8, throughout the Digitakt’s UI and documentation, to avoid confusion with the audio tracks.

On the track scale page (FUNC + PAGE), MIDI tracks are instead referred to as tracks 1-8, rather than by letter. This made me double take a couple of times about the track I’d selected and is a potential source of confusion.

Do we know if Elektron are reading this, or should we email the bugs? To where if so?

Thanks

Ben