Digitakt 1.11 : Bug reports

looks kinda cool tbh did it corrupt anything ?

Not that I know of… haven’t gone through old projects or anything

Hi, did you ever hear back from support about this?

Delay, Reverb & Comp values won’t return to saved state when pressing
Func+Delay/Reverb/Master+No (despite the screen telling you it has)

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the report! I have reported that mixer page should not state Randomize or Reload Page Mix to our developers. We are already aware of the second issue that you report and are working on fixing it.

Regarding not being able to randomize per trig, this is not supposed to be possible.

Regards,

Patrik - Elektron

On Sun, 30 Jun at 11:52 AM , Neil <neil@runbox.com> wrote:

I have installed 1.11 and looks great apart from the following items that appear to be bugs.

Randomise

• Mixer states randomise message when pressing Page + [YES] but do not randomise

• Compressor and effects Delay, Reverb pages will randomise but won’t reset / reload with Page + [NO]. Message states reload but changes do not revert

• Trig cannot be randomised. There is no messages here so i presume this is by design.

2 Likes

Ok Cheers :+1:

1 Like

This bug seems to have persisted since the DT first came out (I’m on 1.11 atm)

Am I crazy, doing something wrong, or just missing something? Is chromatic mode just janky? I feel like Elektron should really be better than this…

What a buzz kill to have a machine that can record, copy/paste, nudge notes, reassign tracks (all without pressing STOP) until… oh, every note recorded is at 128 steps… :man_facepalming:

The above refers to the “note length bug.” Considering the thread was relocated here, I’m assuming the answer is a resounding YES! :roll_eyes:

Could you elaborate on this?

1 Like

Sure. When recording in chomatic mode the note hold length often glitches to either ridiculously short or long (far from what was actually input). You then have to manually change the note lengths.

In practice, 1. you’re recording, then in playback 2. notes either hang (glitch long) or basically disappear (glitch short).

Anyone else still getting weird prog. change behaviour - as above? I’m getting this with my DT>DN. Not behaving properly at all.

1 Like

Hey there. A few days ago I experimented what I think is a bug (did a bug report already) but I wanted to check if you experience it too.

Take a pattern, in the scale menu set it to length=24/32, scale=3/4. So far so good, the pattern runs at desired BPM with 3 trigs/beat, looping after 24 trigs.

Now switch to length per track. Set master length to 24, track length to 24 and track scale to 3/4. This won’t loop properly - the pattern will restart around the 18th trig with a stutter.

Are you experiencing the same thing? Is this a bug, or a feature I’m misunderstanding?

On the same subject, anyone can explain to me how the “master length” parameter works when each track has a different scale? Obviously, each track will hit the master length at a different time, right? So which one triggers the pattern restart?

OK. Not testing this, so I’m kinda dry swimming. But…

Master length is number of 16th note steps. So if you’re set to 24 that equals a bar and a half of 16ths. It’s not dependent on any track - it’s the master.

Your example is running at a tempo scale of 3/4 which makes every step an eighth note triplet rather than a sixteenth. I think (if I’m hearing this right in my head) that the restart after trig 18 sounds reasonable given the above math.

I’d say misunderstanding. :wink:

2 Likes

ok I get it. If master length is 24 steps at scale 1x, it would make sense to reset at 18 steps at scale 3/4. But even then the DT is stuttering on the first loop.

Now, if the length of your 3/4 track does not fall on a round number of steps at scale 1x, the master length parameter will chop your pattern in weird way.

I guess setting the master length to INF would solve the problem though. But all this feels really backward, to be honest.

Or setting master length as a multiple where the tracks end together. The master length chopping some things is wanted behavior for some

Just to let you know this is a longstanding issue - at least past 2 years.

it is possible to get into a situation where a track LFO is ‘stuck’ at 120bpm and once this occurs it cannot be changed. There are similar reports in the Digitone thread as well.

The behaviour is inherited even if the pattern containing this bug is imported into a new project.

2 Likes

Hey bro!
I’m freakin’ out probably due to this thing… or seems a similar one.
Is there any other thread out there topic this?

I have the same bug while using the scale per track mode which gives me stuttering restart of the pattern and incomplete sequence. As documented in an other post, it seems that you should not modify scales in tracks while the DT is playing otherwise it « corrupts » the pattern. There is no easy workaround except going back to the initial scale values then resetting it without the DT playing. I sent a ticket to Elektron for that case. That would be nice if you also could send another ticket to Elektron.
Let’s hope for a bug fix in next update…

2 Likes

I had today weird bug happening on the sequencer.

I was trying to record a pattern to track MIDI A with external keyboard, and the midi going through on my synth was all the time receiving the correct midi data and sounding as it should. Once recorded the Digitakt was playing two different notes for each trig. I was pretty sure there was some midi loop causing this, but after troubleshooting I found out the Digitakt itself was recording two trigs, and even did it when manually entering trigs on any track on any pattern.

Reset luckily sorted this out, but I should have just tried it as a first step, and not after checking all the other possible reasons… I don’t seem to be now able to reproduce the bug with the same config.

still have not fixed the bug that when using different scales per track, it doubles up a beat on the first time thru the pattern. multiple people have reported this issue - yet elektron does nothing about it, instead focusing on their line of plastic toys… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve experienced this weird behavior while real-time recording as well. It seems to manifest much more when using 1/2 scale or non-unity scales.

1 Like