Digitakt 1.05 : Bug reports

i dont get any pops / clicks.
mostly listen through headphones , usb connected to mac but not always.
not receiving clock from anything…
the only time i’ve had pops / clicks on recordings has been due to my pc / mac , latency and all that stuff. , maybe its a sample rate thing (44k or some weird thing like that , settings in ableton ?).

i suggest try another piece of equipment and record that , or try recording digitakt into another thing (phone input or something ).
as mentioned before , do you get clicks/pops on its own through the outputs/headphones.

1 Like

Same here, also retrig length seems broke for INF?

Yeah this “feature” is highly undesirable. It’s just more of a headache (literally in headphones) to manually go back in and re-adjust all track levels to compensate for the increased gain, yet alone go back and re-level all previous sequences, forget it if you have Overdrive P-Locks.

I understand the DT isn’t meant to be a one stop shop for all your live or studio needs and it still a ways to grow, but Elektron’s workflow is that of being live performance which the Overdrive setting makes it unusable in a live situation where one actually like, performs live.

I see it more a bug than a feature request. Please fix, Elektron.

Retrig velocity not working at all.

Max 3 weeks and February will be over !!!
And we will all be playing on our DT OS 1.10 with OB and no more major bugs and new killer features !!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately although it seems to let me adjust the speed with the arrows, I can’t adjust the length or any of the other parameters with the buttons alone.

I encountered a copy/paste issue with plocks:
1.I do a plock on sample start every 8ty step
2.I copy the track
3.I paste the track on a different one
4.I save the project (even saved the sequence to be sure)
Until this point, everything is fine.
5.I turn off the DT
6.I turn on the DT
My plock have disappeared, except on the original track (the one I copied).

Bug?

That wasn’t fixed? I literally just got rid of my OT so I couldn’t try it myself. That’s a huge bummer. They were smart to not release this update with Overbridge cause now they have us all figuring out the kinks before the big send off.

1 Like

It should really work out of the box there is no song mode on digitakt which was fine because I have an octatrack and it made sense that it wouldn’t and the two would just pair they don’t one whole entire bar off

Maybe open source the software? My partner is a badass engineer I can get him to fix what I need lol

1 Like

this os seems a bit rushed no?

3 Likes

Gotta be honest, while it’s cool to see some fixes that we’ve been waiting for, I’m a bit uncomfortable with some of the new bugs introduced. Can’t help but feel that some of these could really easily have been spotted during testing and prior to release. The overdrive one seems especially strange, I mean just a function check by someone familiar with the box might have spotted that?

Hopeful that we’ll see 1.10 for overbridge with some more fixes before too long.

2 Likes

Haven’t tested yet, but could it be that the new overdrive comes from the DN?

Sound Pool Bug: I choose a sound from my Sound Browser and load it to an empty track. Works. Then I load the same sound from the Sound Pool and add it to an empty step and… a different sound results! Not always, it happens with some sounds both from the factory bank and from my banks. Seems like there’s a wrong sample linked! Does anyone else have that issue?

It’s too bad 'causeI really like the new Sound Pool feature!

1 Like

It looks like the midi Solo CC (93) is not working and also missing from the manual.

Elektron needs to stop putting out new gear, and spend the next year (or however long it takes) focusing on getting their existing machines to function properly. Also, please double down on the QC as it seems like there’s too many hardware issues that aren’t being caught.

6 Likes

Ah OK, I see now. Thanks!

this update is quiet good for the overall experience.
the tweaks and such feel very natural and stable. it sounds deeper.

the overdrive kicks in like the compression knob on the damage control liquid blues.

I like it’s cleaner level aswell as the bit reduction, gives a really good trail and sizzling.

the midi stop issue is gone if you tick out midi clock and receive cc/nrpn.
I need the stop twice combo a lot for looping voices with inf. decay.

after I’ve seen Simon talking about the ethic of the digitone process I do now understand that the things that will def. come for the DT and DN are made with quality. like the one you hear straight out of a MD.
but @Ess and the staff did a good thing. that is for sure. let’s hope for good times. :slight_smile:
peace

2 Likes

I get a freeze when I try to load a new project. I think it must be the midi loop I have set up…
Confirmed - cannot load new project when midi cable is looped from out to in.

After the upgrade i have only the reverb on the headphone-output. Anyone else?