Digitakt 1.05 : Bug reports

<3

I think I found a bug with some of my previously made sequences.
In patterns where there is, for instance, a kick drum playing normal (forward) I put a P-locked trig with reverse play and a probability condition. What happens now is that when the condition occurs then all other trigs start playing backwards as well.
Has anyone else found this with older or new patterns?

1 Like

Did you get any further with this? I have this problem too. 1-8 work fine but nothing on A-H?

Am I the only one still getting the clicks and pops? this is incredibly frustrating and it’s starting to drive me insane! As I have no clue what is causing it. I’ve updated to the latest firmware, DT is getting clock from ableton (through usb connect straight to the mac) and audio going straight to my interface and no midi cables connected, here’s some cuts of a little jam I did yesterday (raw recording with no fx). I do get them even if working with DT alone.

EDIT: I was having this even before the 1.05 OS upgrade.

No clicks with DT here. But I got similar clicks with the DTo.

You say you get them even when working with the DT alone, is that through the headphones or L/R outs? I would eliminate all other possible variables, use only the DT itself, NOT plugged into any MIDI or interface, only using headphones and power. If no clicks & pops, then try the L/R outs to speakers if you can (not through interface). Then move on to running the audio through interface. Then move on to adding MIDI etc. Just one thing at a time til you find what brings in the clicks.

If it’s doing it with the DT alone, not plugged into anything else, through headphones, that doesn’t seem right. I get clicks & pops occasionally but it’s from the way I’m using sample play modes and to be expected when jumping to non-0 points in the waveform. But it doesn’t sound like that’s what you’re doing from your audio clips, especially on the third one that’s just a straight beat and the click still happens.

Also this might be really random but just thinking of all possibilities. Someone who knows how power works might be able to say more, I don’t really know much about it. BUT … could it be possible the power socket (or adapter) you’re plugged into is causing spikes or something? Or some kind of bad ground somewhere and maybe it’s not actually the DT causing it but you’re picking up the spikes through the audio cables? Again, I don’t know, just thinking out loud… But maybe try plugging it in somewhere else and see if that makes any difference?

No, you are not alone.
I’m pretty sure its from USB as that’s what I was using to clock the DT to stem some stuff out today into ableton,
Thought it was my soundcard dying and freaked out for about an hour, but no it’s my recently “bug fixed” machine.
Looks good for OB, nice one team! :ok_hand:

Mmm seems like there’s new probs with this OS, might skip it.

1 Like

Please Elektron, I would really love to have a version 1.06 update soon with the overdrive curve changed back to the way it was. That one is kind of a deal-breaker for me. Waited patiently for months for bug fixes and to at least have the ability to access/edit the +drive, but this is a bit of a let-down. I am in a real bind here with little space left and no way to backup self-contained projects to start anew.

Was really excited for this product which I pre-ordered before release. Perhaps I was foolish to think my expectations would be met before the DT had gone through any real-life testing, but that’s not the sort of thing that should keep me from expressing disappointment. I bought accessories and cables for this thing because I do love making beats on it and want to support Elektron, but I also feel like a majority of the loyal user-base is not being listened to. Didn’t help either to see all these other products being released over the past months and not hear back about the DT for so long.

Would really be awesome to get a proper update/fix for the Digtakt :bowing_man: please Elektron! Let’s make this work!

6 Likes

i dont get any pops / clicks.
mostly listen through headphones , usb connected to mac but not always.
not receiving clock from anything…
the only time i’ve had pops / clicks on recordings has been due to my pc / mac , latency and all that stuff. , maybe its a sample rate thing (44k or some weird thing like that , settings in ableton ?).

i suggest try another piece of equipment and record that , or try recording digitakt into another thing (phone input or something ).
as mentioned before , do you get clicks/pops on its own through the outputs/headphones.

1 Like

Same here, also retrig length seems broke for INF?

Yeah this “feature” is highly undesirable. It’s just more of a headache (literally in headphones) to manually go back in and re-adjust all track levels to compensate for the increased gain, yet alone go back and re-level all previous sequences, forget it if you have Overdrive P-Locks.

I understand the DT isn’t meant to be a one stop shop for all your live or studio needs and it still a ways to grow, but Elektron’s workflow is that of being live performance which the Overdrive setting makes it unusable in a live situation where one actually like, performs live.

I see it more a bug than a feature request. Please fix, Elektron.

Retrig velocity not working at all.

Max 3 weeks and February will be over !!!
And we will all be playing on our DT OS 1.10 with OB and no more major bugs and new killer features !!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately although it seems to let me adjust the speed with the arrows, I can’t adjust the length or any of the other parameters with the buttons alone.

I encountered a copy/paste issue with plocks:
1.I do a plock on sample start every 8ty step
2.I copy the track
3.I paste the track on a different one
4.I save the project (even saved the sequence to be sure)
Until this point, everything is fine.
5.I turn off the DT
6.I turn on the DT
My plock have disappeared, except on the original track (the one I copied).

Bug?

That wasn’t fixed? I literally just got rid of my OT so I couldn’t try it myself. That’s a huge bummer. They were smart to not release this update with Overbridge cause now they have us all figuring out the kinks before the big send off.

1 Like

It should really work out of the box there is no song mode on digitakt which was fine because I have an octatrack and it made sense that it wouldn’t and the two would just pair they don’t one whole entire bar off

Maybe open source the software? My partner is a badass engineer I can get him to fix what I need lol

1 Like

this os seems a bit rushed no?

3 Likes