Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

Sorry that’s too vague for me to explain!

Ahhhhh! I think I FINALLY understand it- I was hoping it would be a choke/slave relationship- but it’s actually much more intricate than that.

Thank you for bearing with me!

Regarding neighbour track of track 1, the manual is not very clear. It states the neighbour track is the track before the active track. Going by that the list looks like this:

Track 1 is the neighbour of track 2
Track 2 is the neighbour of track 3
Track 3 is the neighbour of track 4
Track 4 is the neighbour of track 5
Track 5 is the neighbour of track 6
Track 6 is the neighbour of track 7
Track 7 is the neighbour of track 8
Track 8 is the neighbour of track 1

Maybe @eangman can tell us if that list is correct and make enlighten us a bit on the neighbour conditions.

(off topic but why is the English used in the manual American English? I would so much prefer neighbour instead of neighbor and colour instead of color :sunglasses:)

If the nomenclature is consistent with A4MK2, the last item of this list is incorrect. The manual states on p. 68: “In this way track 1 can be sent to track 2, track 2 to track 3, track 3 to track 4”. There’s no mention of the output of track 4 being sent to track 1.

I have no idea, the Digitakt manual is very limited on this and only gives 1 example; that track is 3 is the neighbour of track 4.

The neighbor track is the track before the active track. For example, track 3 is the neighbor track of track 4. NEI and N̅E̅I̅ conditional trigs on track 4 evaluate the conditional trigs placed on track 3. The NEI condition is false if no condi- tional trigs exist on the neighbor track.

That’s all it has. The word neighbour only exists twice in the whole manual :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

Quick question. Is it possible that the latest firmware may have a bug on samples names?

It happened to me that some of my samples’ name have changed or dissappeared and when I try to correct them I get an ERROR message.

Thank you!

Hi!

Quick question. Is it possible that the latest firmware may have a bug on samples names?

It happened to me that some of my samples’ name have changed or dissappeared and when I try to correct them I get an ERROR message.

Thank you!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

Not sure it covers your issues but when I made a duplicate name by mistake it dissapeared.

After some investigation into the code of the Digitakt concerning the neighbor track functionality, this is how it works:

Audio track 1 is the neighbor of track 2 and it is also the neighbor of itself (making the NEI conditions work like the PRE conditions on track 1).
Audio track 2 is the neighbor of Audio track 3.
Audio track 3 is the neighbor of Audio track 4.
Audio track 4 is the neighbor of Audio track 5.
Audio track 5 is the neighbor of Audio track 6.
Audio track 6 is the neighbor of Audio track 7.
Audio track 7 is the neighbor of Audio track 8.
Audio track 8 is the neighbor of MIDI track 1.
MIDI track 1 is the neighbor of MIDI track 2.
MIDI track 2 is the neighbor of MIDI track 3.
MIDI track 3 is the neighbor of MIDI track 4.
MIDI track 4 is the neighbor of MIDI track 5.
MIDI track 5 is the neighbor of MIDI track 6.
MIDI track 6 is the neighbor of MIDI track 7.
MIDI track 7 is the neighbor of MIDI track 8.
MIDI track 8 is the neighbor of no track.

10 Likes

gah! this one has caught me out many times with sudden jumps in tempo - usually to the global default of 120.

Was hoping for an update for the weekend

3 Likes

1.05 is out :metal::star_struck::metal:

3 Likes

Check now :smiley:

1 Like

anyone installed it yet?

Yes, no problems so far.

1 Like

New OS, new thread :slight_smile:

Please report any bug on OS 1.05 right here :
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-1-05-bug-reports/